Camera Batteries

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Camera Batteries

Post by Bigaldoc »

This post is a very belated thank you to "The Other Bob" (aka BobL here) for a camera battery suggestion made some time ago in the WS Lounge in the middle of this thread: Photog Assistance Needed.

At the time Bob made the suggestion, I bought some rechargeables of 2450 mAh to use with my camera and have been using them ever since. Boy, I can't believe not only the life of the batteries, but their "idle time" life as well!

I haven't used my camera very much lately but I carry a spare pair in the case just in case. Today, my son and the two grandkids came to spend some time with me and Grandma for Easter Sunday and I dug out the camera for a photo-op. The thing has been idle for about a month and those batteries are still going strong. In the past, after sitting for some time, the usual alkaline batteries would have drained beyond use. Not these.

I know nothing about these hi-tech things, but this was pretty impressive to me.

Son, two grandkids and their new puppy:
IMG_0283.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Camera Batteries

Post by Rudi »

BigAl,

Firstly its encouraging to see how a good word/good deed gets rewarded with a meaningful thankyou...even so long after the provided answer, and secondly its great to see some pictures of family posted up here in the lounge. It gives the lounge more meaning if there is a face to a name, and a family to a lounger.

Thanks for the picture and the kind word!

PS: Why I was thinking of it....I don't know...BUT

I am sitting down here in the south of africa...far from "most" of the action in the lounge up in Europe. While in bed one night, I was thinking of how the "gang" gets together once annually/biannually in a pub of somewhere in London...etc. When these get togethers occur...surely there must be some photo memento's that are taken???

If any admin or lounger has a pic or two of "the extended family" drinking an ale together....how about sharing it with us. It'd be great to see what the gang gets up to on their annual "meetings" :grin:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Here's one from the most recent Lounge get-together...
Lounge ConventionNov2009.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Awhhhh....come on.... :scratch:

Thats a smiley convention!!!

At least I can see that everyone was happy with the ale they were drinking!

So where are you Hans? Smiley 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5?
Or let me guess...your behind the camera!
Regards,
Rudi

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Rudi wrote:your behind
Please keep things family-friendly!
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

:drop:

I just can't win!!! :nope:
Regards,
Rudi

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I obviously wasn't present at that last Lounge convention, but I could venture a guess about which one (smiley) was Hans. I won't do it however.

Just in case you want to see the handful of other pics, I have a Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/albertehoffman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and even if you're not a member, I would hope you can view all the pics from my "Wall" page.

(PS I only got "into" Facebook recently because so many of the staff I work with at the nursing home are there as well as many of my former co-workers from years gone by.)

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Bigaldoc wrote:I obviously wasn't present at that last Lounge convention, but I could venture a guess about which one (smiley) was Hans.
As a matter of fact, I "think" I know who Hans is in that pic too, as I know what Hans looks like (from previous pics in WOPR). If Hans gives permission, I have a very good guess and can identify who Hans is from those 5 "VERY happy people"!

PS: Where is the food??? What convention gets their "staff" together and offers NO food?? Not even starters...or pretzels???

Thanks for that link BigAl...I'll certainly make a turn at the WALL and have a look at some of your pics. Cheers!
Regards,
Rudi

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

This picture was taken early in the evening, we were just having a beer (or two or three). We went out for dinner later on.

It's easy to guess which one is me - the one with the big smile... :grin:
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Rudi wrote:As a matter of fact, I "think" I know who Hans is in that pic too ...

Thanks for that link BigAl...I'll certainly make a turn at the WALL and have a look at some of your pics. Cheers!
I would've guessed that Hans is the guy with the beer in his hand! :innocent:

Please DO let me know if you're able to see any pix at my FB "Wall" as I've been unable to determine if someone who is not my FB "friend" or a FB member can see the pix I put on my Wall to share with "everyone."

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Bigaldoc wrote:I would've guessed that Hans is the guy with the beer in his hand
That's correct too - so now everyone has two clues!

I'm not a member of Facebook and I can't view anything beyond the initial page you linked to.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Al,
I have visited your FB site and I find 11 photo albums but none of them are relate to "the Lounge". All seem to be family or your tour of duty in France.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

HansV wrote:Here's one from the most recent Lounge get-together...
Not the best picture you could have used, Hans. It does give a rather jaundiced view of those present...
Leif

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Bigaldoc wrote:Please DO let me know if you're able to see any pix at my FB "Wall" as I've been unable to determine if someone who is not my FB "friend" or a FB member can see the pix I put on my Wall to share with "everyone."
I am not a member of FB, and (as Hans said) cannot see anything other than your Home Page...and who are your FB friends!
Regards,
Rudi

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Leif wrote:It does give a rather jaundiced view of those present...
:laugh:
Although there are smiles, maybe that yellow appearance is because the beer was NOT so good.
Maybe it was "iron brew" or "Oros grape flavour" mixed cooldrink! :sick:
Regards,
Rudi

BobL
StarLounger

Post by BobL »

Bigaldoc wrote:This post is a very belated thank you to "The Other Bob" (aka BobL here) for a camera battery suggestion made some time ago in the WS Lounge in the middle of this thread: Photog Assistance Needed.
Wow, not often I'm shrouded with ***** LIGHTS **** and the thank you is most welcomed Al. And for information I am also using the same rechargeable batteries as I recommended - well worth the investment.
:cheers:
BobL
The Other Bob from Maine

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

DaveA wrote:Al,
I have visited your FB site and I find 11 photo albums but none of them are relate to "the Lounge". All seem to be family or your tour of duty in France.
You misunderstood, Dave. I didn't say I had pix of The Lounge, just pictures.

But Hans and Rudi showed me that if you're not a FB member you can't get past the "teaser" to signup.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:Here's one from the most recent Lounge get-together...
I tried "Right-click" and looked for "Assign Macro" but couldn't find it ... :grin:
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle