Remote Control Software

diegol
StarLounger

Remote Control Software

Post by diegol »

More than 4 years ago I needed an app to remotely access another computer on a LAN. Besides the Remote Desktop program which is built in WinXP, I was very happy with TightVNC. There were two related threads at that time in the old Lounge:

TightVNC
Remote Control Software

But then I changed my job and steered clear from my brief incursion into networking (and into IT at all). That was 4 years ago.

Now for personal reasons I need to remotely access another computer across the Internet. The computer to be accessed (the server, I guess) is running WinXP SP2. The client machine does not exist yet, but when I buy it will come with WinXP SPII (I think WinXP is no longer sold though) or "better", meaning newer (Vista or Win7).

Has anyone had an experience with this kind of remote app? If so, I would appreciate your comments.

:argentina: Diegol

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Remote Control Software

Post by JoeP »

Check out Logmein Free. See the link at the bottom of the page to compareto the Pro & free versions to decide which is the one you need. Most likely the free version will suffice.

Joe
Joe

jolas
3StarLounger

Post by jolas »

Here is another free for non-commercial use remote control software TEAMVIEWER

diegol
StarLounger

Post by diegol »

Joe, jolas,

Thank you very much for your prompt responses. I installed both applications but could so far test LogMeIn only, and it does the job perfectly. I will investigate both further, since they seem to have so many tools I hadn't thought of.

:argentina: Diegol