Activate sound

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Activate sound

Post by Dave Davison »

Just bought the appropriate cable to connect my laptop to a LG smart TV, instantly got the picture but no sound from the tv speakers, obviously some setting needs tweeking but the tv did not come with a manual. I did a search on line for the model [43UM7450PLA] but in the search result I could not see a section that dealt with my issue. Can anyone with such a tv talk me through the setting change please. My earphones are not plugged on. :scratch: :thankyou: Dave

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Activate sound

Post by BobH »

Dave, I didn't find an answer but I found a place where you can ask the question and perhaps get more information.

https://www.manua.ls/lg/43um7450pla/manual
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

jolas
3StarLounger

Post by jolas »

By cable you mean HDMI cable right? Change the laptop output sound setting to use HDMI instead of laptop speaker.

Revert back to laptop speaker when cable is disconnected from the smart tv.

Your smart TV may support wireless mirroring connection via Miracast or even Airplay for both video and audio.

You may be able to use/try chrome browser CAST function to mirror a chrome tab and even your desktop albeit with a bit of delay but serviceable.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks guys, The link you mentioned Bob is the very one I found but is somewhat vague but the laptop setting that Jolas recommended does in fact mute the laptop speaker diverting the sound to the tv so problem solved, great result Thanks. Dave.