Malwarebytes Real Time Protection Turns Off

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Malwarebytes Real Time Protection Turns Off

Post by hlewton »

Way too often I am seeing a red triangle in Malwarebytes indicating that my Real Time Protection is turned off. I am using version 4.5.29, which I believe is the latest version. The culprit is always the Ransomware Protection is turned off, please see attachment. I have turned it back on and it lasts a couple days usually.

I have searched the WEB and Malwarebytes site and found no answers. I even created a ticket at Malwarebytes but it often takes a long time to hear from them. Any ideas why this is happening and any thoughts on how to correct it? Thanks
RealTime.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Malwarebytes Real Time Protection Turns Off

Post by stuck »

Through my bank, I am entitled to a free license for Malwarebytes Premium. At that price it seemed rude not to try it. I gave up on it after a few weeks because:
1) It took ages to initialise / start up when I booted my PC.
2) I frequently got notifications about it being turned off, presumably because it had to, temporarily, suspend it's activities while it updated it's AV database but because it was slow to do that Windows got panicky as it appeared that I was running my PC without any AV at all.

I have reverted to Windows Defender, i.e. the free, built in, AV protection. Peace and sanity has been restored.

Ken

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

stuck wrote:
31 May 2023, 10:32
Through my bank, I am entitled to a free license for Malwarebytes Premium. At that price it seemed rude not to try it. I gave up on it after a few weeks because:
1) It took ages to initialise / start up when I booted my PC.
2) I frequently got notifications about it being turned off, presumably because it had to, temporarily, suspend it's activities while it updated it's AV database but because it was slow to do that Windows got panicky as it appeared that I was running my PC without any AV at all.

I have reverted to Windows Defender, i.e. the free, built in, AV protection. Peace and sanity has been restored.

Ken
I too use Windows Defender along side of Malwarebytes and they play nicely together as long as you make sure that Malwarebytes is not setup to be the primary anti-virus program, see attachment. Malwarebytes does seem to take awhile to boot up but I like the added protection it gives me. I rarely have any problems with Malwarebytes and I think the problem I asked about here, hopefully, will be fixed soon with an update but I still have not heard back from them on the ticket I created.

Malwarebytes Security.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

When I tried contacting MBAM, I used the same email address on another browser resulting in denied access.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have NO luck at all.
Windows 11 Home 23H2 Laptop

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Ted Myers wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 15:12
When I tried contacting MBAM, I used the same email address on another browser resulting in denied access.
Are you saying you have the same issue as the OP, or are you starting another topic?
Leif

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Malwarebytes solution is to use their support tool and remove then reinstall it. I will try that but it won't be for at least 4 days from now.
Regards,
hlewton

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Leif wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 17:57
Ted Myers wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 15:12
Are you saying you have the same issue as the OP, or are you starting another topic?
No, I am saying I had the same issue previously but it has not recurred for awhile. I have had the same issue with other sites so you should remember your signin details plus the pc & browser you used.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have NO luck at all.
Windows 11 Home 23H2 Laptop