Any such solution out there?

silverback
5StarLounger

Any such solution out there?

Post by silverback »

Wondering if forum members can help, please.
My wife has just taken over leadership of a group of elderly people – most over 70 with very mixed computer skills - for a social ‘club’ which meets every week. At the same time, the management of the venue where the group meets has imposed a limit on the number of people that can attend at any one time (COVID, you know). The total size of the group is greater than the venue-imposed limit.

In order not to break the imposed limit, we need a method which allows people to add their name to a list of attendees each week. It must be easy to use and allow people to book on and book off if they can no longer attend. We seek this solution because my wife does not want to be inundated with emails and/or phone calls every week. There is no current system; the outgoing leader took the first ‘n’ people who signed up and then closed the list. These people are allowed to attend/not attend each week with no check on whether they'll be there. So each week, people who would like to attend cannot even when there are many fewer attendees than the max. allowed group size. These frustrated people languish on a ‘waiting list’ until someone resigns/dies. :hairout: We are trying to make the system more dynamic and thus, fairer.
Is there any such software/system ‘out there?’ Anyone got any other ideas?
Thanks
Silverback

HansV
Administrator

Re: Any such solution out there?

Post by HansV »

You might check out Doodle. It is normally used to let users pick one of several dates, but if you offer just one date, they can only indicate whether they'll attend or not. But you'll have to test whether it meets your wife's group's needs.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Forgot the link: Create group poll
Best wishes,
Hans

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

Thank you for this. I had no idea that such solutions existed. Now you've pointed me at Doodle, I've now found many other online schedulers, so I'm sure one of them will do what we want.
:thankyou: :cheers: :chocciebar:
Silverback