Mystery File

Percy Vere
2StarLounger

Mystery File

Post by Percy Vere »

I have nearly 400 music albums all in MP3. I play them on my TV. I have used the search feature on my pc and have removed all the album cover files which are all in .jpg. The usb that contains the albums is 16gb and 124 files. The rogue file is called AlbumArtSmall.jpg. I have tried everything i.e. part of name, including opening the albums manually and it is not in any of them.
The other usb is 32gb and contains the rest of my music and over 30 files called AlbumArtSmall.jpg are there.
I hate being beat, can you help????
Regards
Percy
Windows 10 Home 21H2

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Mystery File

Post by stuck »

What happens if you select and copy just the MP3 files and paste them onto a new drive?

If the AlbumArtSmall.jpg files don't come with them, then you could try totally clearing the USB stick by reformatting it and copying and pasting the MP3 back again.

Ken

Percy Vere
2StarLounger

Post by Percy Vere »

Hello Ken, I have all files for playing on my tv in 4 other hdd's and have tried putting them on my tv usb. They did get the .jpg files removed but still had the offending ones on them.
The one AlbumArtSmall.jpg does not match any other album art cover images I have, so I don't know to which album it relates to.
Regards
Percy
Windows 10 Home 21H2

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Those files are created by Windows Media Player. They are hidden, system files. You can change your settings for File Explorer to display them. In WMP turn off anything having to do with album art.
Joe

Percy Vere
2StarLounger

Post by Percy Vere »

Hello JoeP, I have never had WM Player on my pc at any time. I took a photo of them and opened my flash drive folders to there maximum size. Some were different from the genuine CD cover, but I eventually got all identified. I right clicked the album to rename it, clicked copy then opened a new folder and pasted the name. I then moved the music to the new folder, deleted the old one, then moved the folder to the flash drive. It only took 6 hours but they are now how I wanted them to look.
Many thanks to all.
Regards
Percy
Windows 10 Home 21H2