FastStone Capture

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

FastStone Capture

Post by Hey Jude »

I need some help from someone who not only uses this, but also has an account with Ancestry.com
I have located the ship records for my brother, folks and myself which we came to the US on from Bermuda
back in Nov '52 but I can't figure out how to capture the scrolling screen so I can get the whole image instead
of just pieces. It is microfilm and the slider bar doesn't work the normal way, so I have to put my cursor on the image and pull it up and down, but am not able to get the scrolling screen. Anybody???

Otherwise it just takes you to a page that shows a 14 day trial membership before you can view it. I took screen captures of the top and bottom of the page where it shows the heading and our entries on 22-25.

http://search.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=V ... 3029656177
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

HansV
Administrator

Re: FastStone Capture

Post by HansV »

I have no access to Ancestry.com, but keep in mind that the Capture Scrolling Window feature only works with standard vertical scroll bars. It doesn't work with horizontal scroll bars, and neither with images that you can zoom and drag with the mouse.
Perhaps you can retrieve the full image from your browser's cache?
Best wishes,
Hans

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

HansV wrote:I have no access to Ancestry.com, but keep in mind that the Capture Scrolling Window feature only works with standard vertical scroll bars. It doesn't work with horizontal scroll bars, and neither with images that you can zoom and drag with the mouse.
Perhaps you can retrieve the full image from your browser's cache?
Okies. I have the full image on my browser, but was trying to capture it because I wanted to print it out. Thanks :-)

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Since you have the full image copy it somewhere and open it with your favorite graphics program. that should allow you to print it.

Joe
Joe

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

I will do that, but I was trying to send it to my siblings, who also don't have access to Ancestry without paying, and I did d/l and install their viewer which really is neat for scrolling microfilm. I will just have to bite the bullet and go get a new printer. Mine has died it seems. Thanks :-)

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

How big is the image? If you could upload it to Skydrive you could give them access to it. All they'd have to do is get the viewer & download the file.

Joe
Joe

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Or print it to a .pdf generator and email the result...
Leif

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Try using the default viewer and you will be able to view each frame one at a time and then be able to Right click" the image and dod a "Save As".

I have a paid subscription, I have a 181 KB jpg of frame 22
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

To view the image in the non advanced viewer, one needs to select the "Options" and the deselect the "Advance Viewer".
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living