Microsoft .NET Framework

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Microsoft .NET Framework

Post by Gloria E »

Belarc Advisor lists 2 files: .NET Framework version 2.0.50727.4927 and 3.0.6920.4902.

Should there be these two files? If one should be removed, how is that done? :scratch:

What's the latest version for computers running Windows 7 64-bit?

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Microsoft .NET Framework

Post by HansV »

There are several versions of the .NET Framework, and they peacefully exist together. You should *NOT* remove any of the versions - different applications need different versions.
If you want to know if you are up-to-date, select Start | All Programs | Windows Update, and click Search for updates. You'll be told if there are newer versions available.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:There are several versions of the .NET Framework, and they peacefully exist together. You should *NOT* remove any of the versions - different applications need different versions.
If you want to know if you are up-to-date, select Start | All Programs | Windows Update, and click Search for updates. You'll be told if there are newer versions available.
Good. But what I should have asked is do I need the program at all.?
If not, how should it be removed?

See this: http://www.microsoft.com/net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Unless you go to the web site for every program installed on your system and verify that is does NOT need .NET, you should leave .NET alone.

Joe
Joe

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'd go one step further than Joe: just leave it alone. Removing one or more of the versions of .NET Framework is more likely to cause problems than leaving them untouched, and you never know when you'll need them.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:I'd go one step further than Joe: just leave it alone. Removing one or more of the versions of .NET Framework is more likely to cause problems than leaving them untouched, and you never know when you'll need them.
Joe & Hans: Your information has been accepted and I will keep my fingers off .NET Framework. Since Micro. Update didn't list any updates for that program, I presume that none is needed or required by my system.

Thanks Guys.

Gloria E