RoboForm Pro 6.10.0

Gloria E
5StarLounger

RoboForm Pro 6.10.0

Post by Gloria E »

Does RoboForm Pro still require activation? It seems to be working without it.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: RoboForm Pro 6.10.0

Post by HansV »

RoboForm Pro does require activation, but you can use it for free for the first 30 days. After that you will either have to activate it, or go back to the free version of RoboForm (maximum storage of 10 passwords).
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Hans,
I've been using RF Pro for years. I just wondered if it was still a requirement with the latest version. I saw no mention of it on their website, but I could have missed it. I'm going back and look again.

Thanks for the swift reply.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

If you have a legal 6.9.x version you should be able to upgrade to 6.10.0 and have your previous activation continued.

Joe
Joe

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:From Buy and/or Activate RoboForm Pro:
x262.jpg
Notice the rest of the sentence!

Gloria E

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

JoeP wrote:If you have a legal 6.9.x version you should be able to upgrade to 6.10.0 and have your previous activation continued.

Joe
That was my impression, but when I went to activate, it activated all over again. If it had been previously activated, it should have said so. Do you agree? RF worked without activation, I just wanted to be sure, so I did it again.

I've contacted Firetrust and should receive a reply soon.

Believe me, I've had a legal copy for over 3 years. Bought and paid for with my hard earned green stuff.

Gloria E
Last edited by Gloria E on 02 Aug 2010, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria E wrote:Notice the rest of the sentence!
Yes? :confused:
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Gloria E wrote:That was my impression, but when I went to activate, it activated all over again. If it had been previously activated, it should have said so. Do you agree? RF worked without activation, I just wanted to be sure, so I did it again.
When I installed 6.10.0 I did not have to reactivate anything. It just installed as an update and left the activation alone.

Joe
Joe

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:
Gloria E wrote:Notice the rest of the sentence!
Yes? :confused:
Doesn't the rest of the sentence say "from RF Free to Pro? I'm not upgrading from free to pro. I'm updating from pro to a newer version of pro. Or am I the ones that confused?

Anyway, we'll find out for sure when I hear from Firetrust.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You didn't state in your original post that you were upgrading from an earlier version, you only asked whether RoboForm Pro required activation. So that's what I replied to.

As JoeP mentioned, you do not need to reactivate when upgrading.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:You didn't state in your original post that you were upgrading from an earlier version, you only asked whether RoboForm Pro required activation. So that's what I replied to.

As JoeP mentioned, you do not need to reactivate when upgrading.
Sorry Hans, my error.
I just received a reply from RF Support. They stated that the program only needed activation when moving data to another drive or location. Therefore, that's one step I can eliminate (thanks Joe, you are correct).

Thanks Gentlemen for all your help. :thankyou:

Gloria E