CCleaner 2.34 released

HansV
Administrator

CCleaner 2.34 released

Post by HansV »

A new version of this popular free utility - see Piriform Blog - CCleaner v2.34 for the details.

Download the various builds from CCleaner - Builds.
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: CCleaner 2.34 released

Post by John Gray »

Thanks, Hans. But I do wish they'd stop updating their programs so frequently, because you feel the obligation to download and update them on every PC and laptop you have. If they produced new versions every three months or so, that would be a great improvement. I'd be very surprised if there was enough in the way of enhancements each month to really justify a new release.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Oh, I'm sure you'd be OK if you updated CCleaner (and other programs from Piriform) twice a year or so.
Best wishes,
Hans

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

Post by AlanMiller »

John Gray wrote:I'd be very surprised if there was enough in the way of enhancements each month to really justify a new release.
The link Hans gave gives a pretty consise list of the new features in this version. I guess it then boils down to a personal value judgement.

Alan

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

A home user with one or perhaps two PCs who frequently installs new software and new versions of existing software may well benefit from keeping a utility such as CCleaner up-to-date with each new release (roughly once a month). In a work environment, the installed software usually doesn't change as often, so the need to have the latest version of utilities (except for anti-virus etc.) is often less pressing...
Best wishes,
Hans