MailWasher Pro 6.5.3 loses settings?

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

MailWasher Pro 6.5.3 loses settings?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

This is a heads-up.
I have noticed over the past week that the spam filter was blackmailing friends and letting enemies slip under the radar, or similar.
I had been diligent in "adding ... to the friends/blacklist" and found MailWasher's heuritics to be quite good.
Suddenly MailWasher starts sulking.

I found that somehow the Spam Throttle had dropped from 800 lines to 200 lines.
I have reset it to use maximum CPU/memory/coffee in the supposition that by giving MailWasher everything I can it will do the best it can.
Now let's see if things get back to normal.
1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Re: MailWasher Pro 6.5.3 loses settings?

Post by Gloria E »

I have found on some programs, that when an update is available, the older version starts to misbehave. MailWasher Pro 2010 is available for which you have to purchase because the old registration key will not work with 2010 (this one will be a much shorter key than the one you are using now - thank goodness).

There is a trial version for 2010 and if you install it and opt to purchase you are supposed to be offered a discount rate.

I'm a long time, happer camper as far as Mail Washer is concerned and will happily pay the price for the update.

I hope this answers your question.

Gloria M
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Gloria E wrote:... that when an update is available, the older version starts to misbehave.
Thanks for the response, Gloria.
I'm not convinced that it's MailWasher yet; most of my problems are caused by me, specifically, by me doing something on, to or at the computer.
Since it was the SpamThrottle setting that changed, I'm keeping my eye on that (and being especially observant if/when I do have need to change any other settings)
Most commonly I switch between 120 and 10 minutes for mail notification, 120 being preferred, but 10 if a client is badgering me.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

You're welcome Chris. Good Luck and remember that the new versions there if you should ever need it.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!