Unlocker 1.9.0

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Unlocker 1.9.0

Post by John Gray »

The new version v1.9.0 of this very useful program appeared on 5th July. It can remove files and directories that foil all the usual Microsoft removal tricks,

However, be warned that there is now a Bing toolbar installation "which can easily be removed". An alternative is to untick the box and wait 20 seconds (I think) while the numbers count down to zero in a button, and get replaced by "Next", which avoids the installation of the toolbar. On the next page you may wish also to remove the tick in front of something about Ebay shortcuts.
The relevant line in the writeup is "Promotional feature: Fully optional eBay shortcuts, Bing or Quickstores toolbar depending on location."
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Unlocker 1.9.0

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:The new version v1.9.0 of this very useful program appeared on 5th July.
Thanks John; this is one of my "most-effective" tools.
I have not yet come across a file or folder it can't remove (except the "System Volume Information", and we don't get access to that anyway), so an obvious question is "What does the new version Unlock that the previous version could not unlock?"
(The most useful to me would be "unlock and delete all folder contents")
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

John Gray wrote:The new version v1.9.0 of this very useful program appeared on 5th July. It can remove files and directories that foil all the usual Microsoft removal tricks,

However, be warned that there is now a Bing toolbar installation "which can easily be removed". An alternative is to untick the box and wait 20 seconds (I think) while the numbers count down to zero in a button, and get replaced by "Next", which avoids the installation of the toolbar. On the next page you may wish also to remove the tick in front of something about Ebay shortcuts.
The relevant line in the writeup is "Promotional feature: Fully optional eBay shortcuts, Bing or Quickstores toolbar depending on location."
Has anyone heard of a fix to make Unlocker 1.9.0. work with Win7 64bit yet?
I posted this question in a previous thread but haven't seen any solution as of yet.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

See Unlocker for Win 7 64 bit (erroneously reported as 1.0.9) and Replacement for Unlocker Utility for previous threads about Unlocker 1.9.0.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:See Unlocker for Win 7 64 bit (erroneously reported as 1.0.9) and Replacement for Unlocker Utility for previous threads about Unlocker 1.9.0.
Yes, that's the thread I referred to but no fix as yet, I guess.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.