MailWasher Pro 2010

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

MailWasher Pro 2010

Post by Bigaldoc »

To be honest, I got so tired of waiting that I had quit checking his site, it took so long in development. This morning when I looked I see a news item on the home page that looks like it was released from beta about a week ago.

The listed price is $30 USD but the news item says there will be a "great" upgrade offer to existing users. This is the link to what's new:

Whats new in MailWasher Pro 2010 | Firetrust

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Re: MailWasher Pro 2010

Post by Gloria E »

Bigaldoc wrote:To be honest, I got so tired of waiting that I had quit checking his site, it took so long in development. This morning when I looked I see a news item on the home page that looks like it was released from beta about a week ago.

The listed price is $30 USD but the news item says there will be a "great" upgrade offer to existing users. This is the link to what's new:

Whats new in MailWasher Pro 2010 | Firetrust
Thanks Al, like you, I gave up looking for a new version. I figured they'd notify me when one was available, but so far, no notice.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

I just checked the site, the upgrade from version 6.x is USD 10.

Regards, Teunis

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Teunis wrote:I just checked the site, the upgrade from version 6.x is USD 10.

Regards, Teunis
Thank you Teunis! I'm off now to download a copy.

Edited to add: I kept looking for a place to download an UPGRADE and had difficulty until I found this instruction:
    • You cannot use your existing license key from MailWasher Pro 6.X. Only 12 digit keys in the form ABCD-EFGH-IJKL will work with MailWasher Pro 2010.
      Download the 30-day trial version from the Download link and install it. It will recognize that you have an existing version of MailWasher Pro and offer
      you a $10 upgrade price when you click on the BUY link within the application.

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

Moreover, it is not completely free, as in the past. The license entitles you to free updates/upgrades for one year only.

Regards, Teunis

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

It's kinda embarrassing to admit this, but I've never paid them anything, period. I started using MailWasher when it was a free product and when the "paid" version came out I was upgraded without charge and, through all the versions, I've never been asked for any money. So, I have to say that I'm more than willing to pay whatever it takes, assuming THIS new version is as reliable as the previous.

I also found it a bit disconcerting that the old 6.x version is installed in a folder called Mailwasher Pro, but the new, co-existing product, is installed in simply Mailwasher. Hmmm...

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Bigaldoc wrote:It's kinda embarrassing to admit this, but I've never paid them anything, period. I started using MailWasher when it was a free product and when the "paid" version came out I was upgraded without charge and, through all the versions, I've never been asked for any money. So, I have to say that I'm more than willing to pay whatever it takes, assuming THIS new version is as reliable as the previous.

I also found it a bit disconcerting that the old 6.x version is installed in a folder called Mailwasher Pro, but the new, co-existing product, is installed in simply Mailwasher. Hmmm...
Al,
I contacted Firetrust and received this information "You can contin

ue to use the old verssion fine, it will never expire. If anything I would recommend you keep it installed as a backup should for any reason you want to flick back. Just don't do anything crazy like try and delete the same emails in both programs at the same time".

I wrote back and asked about keeping both versions. I was told to not worry and the new version would automatically be installed in a differnet folder. You have just confirmed that they told me correctly.

I can't resist bargains and to get the update for $10, and for such a wonderful, useful program, it doesn't get any better than that.

Gloria
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Bigaldoc wrote:
Teunis wrote:I just checked the site, the upgrade from version 6.x is USD 10.

Regards, Teunis
Thank you Teunis! I'm off now to download a copy.

Edited to add: I kept looking for a place to download an UPGRADE and had difficulty until I found this instruction:
    • You cannot use your existing license key from MailWasher Pro 6.X. Only 12 digit keys in the form ABCD-EFGH-IJKL will work with MailWasher Pro 2010.
      Download the 30-day trial version from the Download link and install it. It will recognize that you have an existing version of MailWasher Pro and offer
      you a $10 upgrade price when you click on the BUY link within the application.
I'm sure happy about the length of the license key, wasn't that old one something to behold, it must have been 5 or 6 lines long? If you hadn't save the email, you had to send for a copy (that required a 2 or 3 day wait).

Gloria E

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Teunis wrote:Moreover, it is not completely free, as in the past. The license entitles you to free updates/upgrades for one year only.
The more I think about it, Teunis, the more I think that it's not a bad deal at all. My purchase today clearly says that it includes one year of free upgrades. IF, at the end of that year, if I want to continue the free upgrades, I will have to pay another $10 to continue for another year. That's a lot better than what some companies offer and at this time next year I'll probably do the renewal.

PS The installation process was easy and excellent and imported all my old setting EXCEPT (as noted by Firetrust) my custom filters which I'm in the process of learning how to re-create. Getting custom filters "just right" can be a trial-and-error thing, so that process won't bother me. Their forum has ALWAYS been very helpful to me.

Slim
StarLounger

Post by Slim »

I got my notice from Firetrust today. Based on the comments here I do plan to sign up for the new version of Mailwasher. I trust they will take a check on a US bank.
Best regards,
Slim

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Gloria E wrote:I'm sure happy about the length of the license key, wasn't that old one something to behold, it must have been 5 or 6 lines long?
For the rather wonderful and useful Windows Explorer replacement, xplorer2 pro (a free, 'lite', version is available also)...
"Your registration key is:
010000007DFECA0101022087D02B650AF37F20E3918A1679F6
4FC7233678E123091A2FC7D48F14061AC98091D9A609BBE626
4E974934F1C6CB5EABDEF4BB441D4A75397778E198595923A6
C8C2501E8DD25AB9B372F228E5BB108C7A51BC38327D08F8D8

Not surprisingly, the author suggests that Cut and Paste is a good way of inserting this into the activation web page!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

John Gray wrote:
Gloria E wrote:I'm sure happy about the length of the license key, wasn't that old one something to behold, it must have been 5 or 6 lines long?
For the rather wonderful and useful Windows Explorer replacement, xplorer2 pro (a free, 'lite', version is available also)...
"Your registration key is: ...

Not surprisingly, the author suggests that Cut and Paste is a good way of inserting this into the activation web page!
So, may I use that license key to activate a copy or have you "dummied" it up a bit? :flee: :innocent:

BobL
StarLounger

Post by BobL »

Bigaldoc wrote:So, may I use that license key to activate a copy or have you "dummied" it up a bit? :flee: :innocent:
Errr, Al - me thinks there was only 4 lines - and he made reference to 5 or 6 in his copy. By my math that makes the license several lines short of a full crock. :laugh:

BobL
BobL
The Other Bob from Maine

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

BobL wrote:
Bigaldoc wrote:So, may I use that license key to activate a copy or have you "dummied" it up a bit? :flee: :innocent:
Errr, Al - me thinks there was only 4 lines - and he made reference to 5 or 6 in his copy. By my math that makes the license several lines short of a full crock. :laugh:

BobL
I was just just jerkin' his chain! (American slang) I didn't expect that he would post a legit license.