Update â–º .NET 4.0

JoeP
SilverLounger

Update â–º .NET 4.0

Post by JoeP »

Major release of the .NET framework. Get more information at Microsoft .NET Framework. Download web installer from Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (NOTE: will result in 45+ MB product download).
Full download Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.

Required by Visual Studio 2010.

Just installed VS 2010. .NET 4.0 will be installed as part of the VS 2010 install if not already present.

Joe
Last edited by JoeP on 13 Apr 2010, 19:32, edited 2 times in total.
Joe

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Update â–º .NET 4.0

Post by John Gray »

I don't suppose we can now get rid of all the .NET versions less than 4, as you (usually) can with Java?
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Different applications need different versions of the .Net Framework, so it's best to keep all versions.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:Different applications need different versions of the .Net Framework, so it's best to keep all versions.
I DL the new version 4 but I'll probably wait to see if I really need it for anything. It's a shame they can't make the newer versions backward compatible with the older ones but to quote the MS release notes:
-------------------------------------
The .NET Framework 4 works side by side with older Framework versions. Applications that are based on earlier versions of the Framework will continue to run on the version targeted by default.
-------------------------------------
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.