Update â–º WinBubble 2.0.3.2

JoeP
SilverLounger

Update â–º WinBubble 2.0.3.2

Post by JoeP »

An update to the free UI tweaker for Vista & Win7. See Windows Vista Tips and Secrets, Tricks, Tweaks, Unlocks and Downloads - UnlockForUs for more information and download link.

Joe
Joe

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Update â–º WinBubble 2.0.3.2

Post by viking33 »

JoeP wrote:An update to the free UI tweaker for Vista & Win7. See Windows Vista Tips and Secrets, Tricks, Tweaks, Unlocks and Downloads - UnlockForUs for more information and download link.

Joe
Joe,
Using your link, I had major problems trying to get a usable download link for the latest version 2.0.3.2.
Clicking on the so called "download winbubble" link just brought me back to the same information page and no download.
I finally went out to google and found a mirror site at Softpedia to actually get the updated version.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

I used the link in the middle of the page several times just to be sure and had no problems.
Capture.PNG
Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Post by Rebel »

I had the same problem Bob. I finally found the link on this page. Scroll a little way down the page until you see the "Download WinBubbles for Windows 7 and Vista: Click Here".

Oops - I see Joe has already answered.
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

JoeP wrote:I used the link in the middle of the page several times just to be sure and had no problems.
Capture.PNG
Joe
You just have to find the right link, I suppose.
Still think they have a very confusing webpage. When it says "download here", that's what it should do, not bring you to another info page with more options. :hairout:
BOB

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

viking33 wrote:When it says "download here", that's what it should do, not bring you to another info page with more options. :hairout:
Oh Bob, how many Microsoft webpage download buttons have you clicked on? I think my record was three webpages before it would do the actual download operation!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

John Gray wrote:
viking33 wrote:When it says "download here", that's what it should do, not bring you to another info page with more options. :hairout:
Oh Bob, how many Microsoft webpage download buttons have you clicked on? I think my record was three webpages before it would do the actual download operation!
True but isn't that trying to emulate MS just a little too much? :smile:
BOB

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Post by Pilgrim »

Just a couple of questions:

1. Will this version update the older 1.76 version?

2. I noticed that there are quite a number of other files, including another .zip file in the original container. Are those used by the installer? or if not, what to do with them?
Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Pilgrim wrote:Just a couple of questions:

2. I noticed that there are quite a number of other files, including another .zip file in the original container. Are those used by the installer? or if not, what to do with them?
I haven't installed this one yet, but if I remember from previous installations, WinBubble doesn't do any work for you. I had to create a directory for its files and when I last updated to 1.7.6 I had to manually dump the old one and just verify that my shortcut still worked.

I haven't looked yet, so I can't answer your other question.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Pilgrim wrote:Just a couple of questions:

Jeff,
When I finally did get the DL, I deleted the older version and install the latest. I don't really recall if it required removing the old or not but it was no big deal to remove it first.
So far as the install, I unzipped to a temp folder, installed to a new one and then deleted the entire old temp folder. Don't know what any other zips were for.
BOB

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Post by Pilgrim »

viking33 wrote:Jeff,
When I finally did get the DL, I deleted the older version and install the latest. I don't really recall if it required removing the old or not but it was no big deal to remove it first.
So far as the install, I unzipped to a temp folder, installed to a new one and then deleted the entire old temp folder. Don't know what any other zips were for.
Yeh, I just deleted the old 1.76 folder and moved the new 2.0.3.2 files over. Works fine.

THANKS! :grin:
Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!