MOBO Battery tester app.

Cellmate
2StarLounger

MOBO Battery tester app.

Post by Cellmate »

Does anyone know of an app. that will report the status of the battery on my PCs motherboard?

:chocciebar: :chocciebar: to any who supply an app!! :laugh:

Thanks,

Cellmate

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: MOBO Battery tester app.

Post by John Gray »

I would be surprised if you could. Take it out and use your voltmeter!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Cellmate wrote:Does anyone know of an app. that will report the status of the battery on my PCs motherboard?

:chocciebar: :chocciebar: to any who supply an app!! :laugh:

Thanks,

Cellmate
I haven't tried this but it claims to monitor your system battery. :free:
Download and unzip it, then run it from a command prompt. BatteryLifeService.exe/install
It should say it installed correctly. Then reboot. It will create a "battery.log" file, It comes with a small PDf file to explain how to install and uninstall it.

http://www.csforu.com/free_programs.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Cellmate
2StarLounger

Post by Cellmate »

Woo-hoo!! Excellent! thanks, I'll check this out!

and, not to forget: :chocciebar: :chocciebar: :cheers:

Cellmate :laugh:

Cellmate
2StarLounger

Post by Cellmate »

John Gray wrote:I would be surprised if you could. Take it out and use your voltmeter!

Well, I've got around 60 pcs in the office, all of various ages. I have rescued one by replacing the battery and
wanted a solution that didn't involve opening all those cases, learning to use a VM, etc. :flee: :hairout:

Looks like the suggestion from Viking33 is more for laptop type pcs and those batteries.

Ah, well, there is always the hard way. :sad:

Cellmate

BigMac
NewLounger

Post by BigMac »

Cellmate wrote:
John Gray wrote:I would be surprised if you could. Take it out and use your voltmeter!

Well, I've got around 60 pcs in the office, all of various ages. I have rescued one by replacing the battery and
wanted a solution that didn't involve opening all those cases, learning to use a VM, etc. :flee: :hairout:

Looks like the suggestion from Viking33 is more for laptop type pcs and those batteries.

Ah, well, there is always the hard way. :sad:

Cellmate
Presuming (yeah, I know that's dangerous) that you have those 60 PCs on a PM cycle, how about including the battery check when the PC is opened for cleaning? Myself - only dealing with the 3 desktops here at the house, and a few others belonging to family and friends - when the PC hits 3 years old, I replace the battery when I vacuum out the dustbunnies from the PC. At $4 a pop every 3 years, it's cheap insurance.
"The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

Cellmate
2StarLounger

Post by Cellmate »

BigMac wrote:
Presuming (yeah, I know that's dangerous) that you have those 60 PCs on a PM cycle, [/quote]

:rofl: (channeling Larry, the Cable Guy) "Now, that's funny, right there. I don't care who you are!" :laugh:

The office is in Northern California, Head office in Houston, HelpDesk by third-party company all over India. There is no "IT" in the office.

I, as "office alpha-geek" get called on to do all the local, hands-on stuff as I can translate from "normal human" to "geek" and back.
(I've been involved with PCs since before IBM made them, but, at the same time IT'S NOT MY JOB!!! ) :laugh:

But, of course, I love it.

Cellmate

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I can appreciate your location problem! And, ironically in view of my previous statement, this very morning I got a message from my aged Dell Dimension 8300 saying something like "System battery voltage is low. Press F1 to continue or F2 to enter BIOS"!

The BatteryLifeService would seem to me to be something which relates to a laptop battery - not the CR2032 (or whatever) motherboard battery. Am I wrong?
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Cellmate
2StarLounger

Post by Cellmate »

John Gray wrote: The BatteryLifeService would seem to me to be something which relates to a laptop battery - not the CR2032 (or whatever) motherboard battery. Am I wrong?
That was the distinct impression I got. I read the description and didn't bother jumping through the hoops to get it installed, only (I expected) to find it wouln't do what I hoped, and then have to uninstall it.

Cellmate