Google Chrome 1.4.0.835.18 beta

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Google Chrome 1.4.0.835.18 beta

Post by Gloria E »

I use Chrome as a backup for IE9, so I would like to know if the beta version of Chrome will make useful changes and if it's safe to install?

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Google Chrome 1.4.0.835.18 beta

Post by HansV »

I generally avoid beta versions and wait for the 'official' release.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Gloria,

It is nearly always a BAD idea to install beta versions of software. Unless you need to participate in the testing for some very good reason.

Beta versions of web browsers are important to people who write add-ons, as they need to test that their add-on will work when the final version ships, but the rest of us generally wait till the fully tested and supported version is ready to ship.
StuartR

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:I generally avoid beta versions and wait for the 'official' release.
I'll wait for this one, just like I'm waiting for the other one (FF 6.0 beta 5). I too, tend to avoid anything in beta, although there a few programs I use that I would trust, beta or not. :thankyou:

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!