Help with Java Calendar

Joseph
3StarLounger

Help with Java Calendar

Post by Joseph »

I've been tasked with creating a payroll entry form in VBA, that needs to update an entry platform on the intranet.

I am able to get everything working with the exception of one object. I'm thinking I need to call a Java event?

In my form there is a calendar. I want the value of that calendar to also be the value picked on the calendar within the intranet site.

This does not work

Code: Select all

.document.all("ctl00_cphMain_calEntryDate").Value = txtdate1.Value
The javascript that needs to run is:

javascript:_doPostBack('ctl00$cphMain$calEntryDate','4247') 
The '4247' is the "txtdate1.value" .
How could I code VBA to execute this?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Help with Java Calendar

Post by HansV »

Hmm - if you don't get a reply here in the Excel forum, I'll move this thread to the Web Design forum.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

This thread was originally posted in the Excel forum, but there were no replies, so I have moved it to the Web Development (not Web Design, sorry) forum.
Perhaps someone will have a helpful suggestion here.
Best wishes,
Hans

Jezza
5StarLounger

Post by Jezza »

Joseph wrote:I've been tasked with creating a payroll entry form in VBA, that needs to update an entry platform on the intranet.

I am able to get everything working with the exception of one object. I'm thinking I need to call a Java event?

In my form there is a calendar. I want the value of that calendar to also be the value picked on the calendar within the intranet site.

This does not work

.document.all("ctl00_cphMain_calEntryDate").Value = txtdate1.Value
The javascript that needs to run is:

javascript:_doPostBack('ctl00$cphMain$calEntryDate','4247') 
The '4247' is the "txtdate1.value" .
How could I code VBA to execute this?
Can I confirm you are using javascript and not java to control a ASP.NET form please
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it

Joseph
3StarLounger

Post by Joseph »

Jerry- I am not entirely sure to be honest, it is asp.net. It is a clickable calendar and when hovered over, a message window says - javascript:_doPostBack('ctl00$cphMain$calEntryDate','4247') -
I just assumed it had something to do with the selected date as the numeric value changes with the date.

I really need someone to look at the source code and explain to me how some of these objects work and how I can access them.