Link Box

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Link Box

Post by Graeme »

Hello Loungers

I've been playing about with one of those on line web site building web sites.

On my home page I have an email address which I have managed to turn into a hyperlink using what they call a Link button. The problem that I have is that the vertical size of the Link Button is locked to the horizontal size by a 13.8:100 ratio. As a result, only half of the email address is displayed. If I make the whole thing bigger then the text font size increases too and still only half the email address is displayed.

Could anyone suggest how I might increase the width of my Link Button without increasing the height or the text size?

There is a forum and I have asked the question but no one has answered me.

Thanks

Regards

Graeme

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/

Jezza
5StarLounger

Re: Link Box

Post by Jezza »

Hi Graeme

Once you have created the web pages using the tool do you have access to the code underlying it? I am just wondering if this link button is controlled by Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) or javascript. If we can see that code we may be able to adapt the sizing.
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

Hello Jerry

Thanks for the suggestion but I've had a good look around and there appears to be no access to the code behind the objects. They have got HTML Snippets and Smart Widgets though! Seems it's designed to be a user friendly, no knowledge required type service. No worries, I was only playing with it because it's free! It wasn't important. Moonfruit.co.uk if anyone is interested.

Regards

Graeme

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

What happens if you click the tiny little padlock in your screenshot? Maybe it unlocks the ratio.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

Jezza
5StarLounger

Post by Jezza »

The simplest option is to:

1) Click the Style Tab
2) Click the Style arrows to the right

This extends the button's horizontal width, you can then use the toggles on the button itself to reduce or increase the aspect ratio.
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

Agibsonsw, the cursor changes when you hover over the padlock but nothing happens when you click it, or double click it!

Jerry, I highlighted the Link Button and selected the Style Tab in the Editor Dialogue Box. The only arrow pointing to the right is for selecting the next available style. I can't see anything that extends the button's horizontal width. If I select the next style the aspect ratio remains locked. Have I missed something?