Dreamweaver questions

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Dreamweaver questions

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello. Couple of question about Dreamweaver please:

a) Is it possible somehow to drag a page into an existing page to create a hyperlink? I was familiar with this from FrontPage.

b) I've added an .flv and a .swf flash file to a page. The .swf file works fine but the .flv file doesn't even display as a placeholder in the page. I can view the animation myself with my VLC player, but how can I get it to display in the page? Perhaps there is a setting in Firefox?

c) Is there a site map or navigation view ala FrontPage, where I can drag and add pages? I am currently just building pages - I haven't designated a 'site' yet. Perhaps this option will appear if I create a Dreamweaver site?

Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Re: Dreamweaver questions

Post by agibsonsw »

I've solved b). I had to use Insert, Media, Flash Video (rather than Flash). Althought the Detect button didn't work. Is there a way to determine the size of a .flv file?
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Andy,

I tried using Dreamweaver for a while, but I really didn't get on with it and I haven't used it for a year or more now. I do hope some lounger with better knowledge of the product appears soon, but if not you may have to try the Adobe forums.
StuartR

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

I'm studying DW at the moment so hopefully I'll come across the answers.

I was going to mention that DW seems a very stable product but it recently crashed completely out! Hopefully a one-off occurrence.

I notice it still has the annoying habit (as I previously noted in FrontPage) of adding to my code. Surely if I switch to Code view it means that I'm taking responsibility for the code!

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

No worries, I've answered my own questions.

When I create a DW site I can drag a page from the Files panel and drop it into Code view to create a link. There is also a Map view in this panel.

Andy.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks for posting your own solutions... :smile:
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

I would have posted my answer to my C# question, but I noticed a distinct lack of interest :evilgrin:

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Who knows - we might start attracting more questions about C#...
Best wishes,
Hans