Computer paper image

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Computer paper image

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello. I'm looking for an image to use as a background to a web page. It's old-style computer paper which is banded green lines on white.

I would prefer a smallish image that can be accurately tiled. Alternatively, a large image with the pin holes that could be stretched slightly to fill the page.

Does anyone have a copy of such an image? Or perhaps point me to a suitable site? Thanks, Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

June Bug
Lounger

Re: Computer paper image

Post by June Bug »

Google graph paper printouts. There are numerous styles to choose from.

JB
:music:

JB

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Thank you but it's not graph paper.
You're obviously quite young! Many years ago there were large computer printouts, with holes to the left and right to fit a printer wheel.
The paper hand bands of green running horizontally.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

June Bug
Lounger

Post by June Bug »

agibsonsw wrote: You're obviously quite young!
I wish I were!

I remember the paper, called tractor paper, if I'm not mistaken. Is this what you are looking for? Google tractor paper.
Tractor paper 2.jpg
JB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:music:

JB

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Found lots of tractors, but they won't look good as a background, unless I was a farmer :)
It seems the term is 'tractor feed paper' but I'm still searching. Perhaps I could order some and scan it ?!
It's not that important. Thanks, Andy.

Jezza
5StarLounger

Post by Jezza »

Andy, it was often called Music Paper, how about this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry
I’ll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there’s evidence of any thinking going on inside it

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Other search terms to look for include 'continuous fan-fold' and 'pin-fed'.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Thanks both. I shall search again later.
Andy.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I used to buy it in the tens of millions of pages as greenbar stock with perforated pin feed and even sometimes without the perforation.

Try this link:Green bar images
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

agibsonsw wrote:Hello. I'm looking for an image to use as a background to a web page. It's old-style computer paper which is banded green lines on white.
FWIW Microsoft Word, Table Autoformat, "List2".
Admittedly it has no tractor holes ....
1.PNG
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

That would be cheating..

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

agibsonsw wrote:That would be cheating..
:yep:
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Leif

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

I've changed by mind, sorry! I'm going to revise CSS and Javascript to do this. This way I can control the heights and colours of the bands.
I feel confident I can do this. I'll use the onload event to repeat "odd" and "even" divs which have a background colour and height.

The only issue I have is, how can I determine where the page finishes? I can determine the screen height, but is there a way (in Javascript) to determine
where the page content finishes? I suppose I could just use an arbitrary pixel height :(

(Thanks for all the suggestions folks. I'm practicing/revising HTML, CSS and Javascript at the moment.)