Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

silverback
5StarLounger

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Post by silverback »

I have been using this nifty piece of freeware for some time. However, starting a few days ago, their website http://www.malwarebytes.org/ seems to have gone off the air.

I worried that I might have a virus which was preventing me accessing this site, but I've asked a friend to check it out and he can't get to the website, either.

Does anyone know why or what has happened to this company?
Silverback

HansV
Administrator

Re: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Post by HansV »

I have no problem getting to the site:
x12.png
Have you run a full scan recently? Or doesn't MalwareBytes AntiMalware run any more?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Post by Doc Watson »

I'm fine as well. No access problem at all. Do you and your friend use the same ISP ??
If life gives you melons,
You may be dyslexic.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I can reach it too and I'm behind a fairly hefty firewall here at work.

Ken

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

Don't know what happened to my previous reply- it seems to have got lost.
Anyway, to answer questions :
Friend is also with same ISP.
Found a forum for our ISP and there are lots of complaints about users not being able to get to websites, all starting in the last few days.
I've posted my problem - I await response.
I've tried pinging the site and it just times out - 100% failure. So it looks like an ISP problem not a site problem.

Thanks for letting me know that you can access the site.

In answer to Hans, I've now run a full scan which worked OK - but of course it didn't use the latest signature file as I can't access the necessary updates!
Regards
Silverback

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks, Silverback. As you indicate, it appears to be a problem with your ISP, perhaps their DNS (Domain Name System) server is acting up. Let's hope they solve it soon.
Best wishes,
Hans

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

As usual with my ISP, there's no explanation been given but the site is now suddenly accessible, again.
Forum postings by people running traceroute imply that "the signal was getting lost somewhere in Belgium"
I know zilch about these things - but isn't the whole ethos of the internet that if one route is blocked, the signal just finds another route?
Anyway, my Malwarebytes application is up to date with its signature file again, so I'll just put it down to computers, again!
Thanks for assisting everyone; without you, I wouldn't have known that some people could access it.
Silverback