Secunia problems again

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Secunia problems again

Post by Dave Davison »

Just done a search on the lounge and see that I encountered a similar problems about this time last year. A pop up in the sys tray informed me that there is an update for Secunia so I uninstalled the former one & downloaded the new one only to discover that upon trying to open it a blank page seems to appear for a split second then disappears. SO! I have deleted the new one and reinstalled an ancient one (perhaps from 2009) that I had saved on my memory stick and it opens immediately. Has anyone else experienced this trouble with the latest version of this freebie ? I tried clicking on the "Ignore" tab which allowed the prog installation to continue but it still malfunctions :scratch: :scratch: Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Secunia problems again

Post by StuartR »

I deinstalled the old version and installed the new one with no problems.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

How large is the download file? The first time I downloaded the new version, PSISetup.exe was quite small - less than 1000 kB, and installation failed. I downloaded it again and then PSISetup.exe was 1698 kB; this version installed without problems.

Exactly the same thing happened a few days later when I downloaded the new version at work.

Apparently the download process is sometimes wonky.

So try downloading the new version again and check the size of PSISetup.exe.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

:thankyou: each. I repeated the steps described in the first post but find the outcome exactly the same, so it seems I will have to resort to the ancient version which works just fine though there may be some features in the most recent version that I will be denied!! Size of latest download I have tried is shown in the attachment the first one showing the size on the download page whilst the second is that shown on my desktop icon after downloading it. Why the discrepancy of size I don't know. :scratch: Regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Since there are 1,024 bytes in a kilobyte and 1,024 kilobytes in a megabyte, 1,737,088 bytes ~ 1,696 kilobytes ~ 1.65 megabytes.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

.........thanks for the info, however I still can't get the latest version to function so I've uninstalled it and reverted back to the previous version which instantly scanned the HD and found no outdated progs running... Regards Dave.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Downloaded and installed the new version. It detected the old version and offered to uninstall it. I accepted and the install proceeded normally.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

..........thanks......unless there are some super features in the new version that are not in the old one I think I'll just leave well alone. Cheers Dave.

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Dave Davison wrote:.........thanks for the info, however I still can't get the latest version to function so I've uninstalled it and reverted back to the previous version which instantly scanned the HD and found no outdated progs running... Regards Dave.
Wouldn't one think that Secunia should also scan to see if IT is running an outdated version while scanning other programs :scratch:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image