Buying Shadowprotect

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Buying Shadowprotect

Post by IanWilson »

If I were to buy Shadowprotect, I can get the Desktop edition for £66.98 "including 1 year maintenance". What does the 1 year maintenance mean? Program updates? What happens after the 1 year? I can find nothing on the storagecraft website that says anything about the cost of maintenance thereafter. Do I have to pay for ongoing maintenance, or would I be OK just continuing to use the program?

Ian

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Re: Buying Shadowprotect

Post by Rebel »

Ian,
Go to http://forum.storagecraft.com/Community/faq/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ,expand the Sales and Ordering section, and click on "What is '1 Year Maintenance' and should I purchase it?" This gives you an explanation as to what the maintenance agreement covers.

I've subscribed to the Maintenance program ever since I originally purchased SP, but for the life of me, I can't remember the cost (I'm thinking less than $20 per year Canadian). You can certainly continue to use the product without the Maintenance option - you just won't be able to obtain (without additional cost) any NEW version that may be released during the 1 year term.

Edited to add: I was right. The annual maintenance agreement for a single license is $16.00 (found this by searching the SP forums). When my last maintenance agreement was about to expire, I received a reminder email from StorageCraft.
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Re: Buying Shadowprotect

Post by IanWilson »

Thanks.

Ian