Malwarebytes and Windows 10 Defender

RonH
SilverLounger

Malwarebytes and Windows 10 Defender

Post by RonH »

Using the system 'View Reliability History' feature I noticed that no Defender security updates have been downloaded these past few days. Manually checking for Windows Updates did not resolve and my lady's pc had some updates so they were being issued out by Microsoft.

upon further investigation it became apparent that the recently downloaded new version of Malwarebytes offering the limited free trial period was causing this issue. Immediately I stopped the Malwarebytes process ... in Settings/Security/Windows Startup ... Defender downloaded its recent security files.

Maybe this was just a glitz on my pc but posted just in case others have this issue. There is a lot written on the web about this ... I thought that this issue was resolved some years ago.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Re: Malwarebytes and Windows 10 Defender

Post by BobArch2 »

RonH wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 08:28
...Maybe this was just a glitz on my pc but posted just in case others have this issue. There is a lot written on the web about this ... I thought that this issue was resolved some years ago.
Hi Ron,

I am running the current version of Malwarebytes Premium v4.4.4 along with ESET Internet Security. v14.2.24.0. Both apps run side-by-side without any issues. Defender is not active because ESET turns it off. However, the Defender virus definitions updates are received every day as noted below.
BA.DefenderUpdates.jpg
Try going into Settings|Windows Security to see if anything looks amiss.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Bob

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Malwarebytes and Windows 10 Defender

Post by RonH »

Thanks Bob.
My Malwarebytes version is also 4.4.4.126 but the limited free trial version. For my purposes the system Windows Defender offers adequate protection and I will not be purchasing the online Malwarebytes.

My Defender is correctly downloading Defender Security updates now that I have turned off Malwarebytes 'free trial'. Free trial runs out shortly so I am quite sure that when I restart the pc again ... I normally only use Sleep ... Malwarebytes will not affect Defender. I guess that there is a difference between Malwarebytes Premium and the trial version.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.