Windows Defender & MSE

RonH
SilverLounger

Windows Defender & MSE

Post by RonH »

Since installing Microsoft Security Essentials, I find that I cannot get into the 'Start-Up Programmes' list because Defender is (correctly) switched Off. Anyone know the solution or should I simply remove WD off my pc :scratch:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Windows Defender & MSE

Post by JoeP »

Windows Defender is automatically disabled when you install MSE. I'd just leave it alone as it will be automatically reinstated if you decide to uninstall MSE.

For managing your startup programs I recommend you use either Autoruns for Windows or WhatInStartup - Disable/delete programs at Windows startup. Autoruns shows you a tremendous amount of information. Most of the time you will be interested in the contents of the Logon tab. WhatInStartup is much simpler. They are both very small programs that do not need to be installed. It can't hurt to have both on your system.

Joe
Joe

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Windows Defender & MSE

Post by RonH »

Thanks Joe ... will take a looksee at these.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.