Restrictions

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Restrictions

Post by Dave Davison »

For no apparent reason & not having made any changes to the settings of my computer, I am not able to open links that have always be accessible like the one shown [Jerusalem Post] any suggestions as to what setting I need to cancel would be appreciated. :scratch: Regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Restrictions

Post by stuck »

My best guess is that hyperlinks have been set to open with Outlook instead of opening with your browser. If you are using Windows 7 then:
open the control panel
click on 'default applications'
click on 'associate a file type or protocol with a program'
scroll down the list until you find .htm and .html
if they are NOT associated with your browser Firefox/Chrome/IE) use the 'change program' button

Ken

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks a bunch Ken. followed your instructions OK and found the words "Unknown Application" are associated with the only HTML entry I can see so changed it to the first of the three Firefox options but I still get the message. Still bamboozled, can't understand why this glitch has suddenly occurred as I did not even know where this option was never mind having messed about with it - as such things are out of my depth. Regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Dave, here is further information and steps to fix from trusted sources.
In both cases the advice points to resetting the settings of Internet Explorer.
See the links below.

Note: Some advice in the links provide adjustments to the registry. Please note these steps carefully before applying!

- https://www.msoutlook.info/question/242

- https://support.microsoft.com/en-za/hel ... in-outlook
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks again Ken, the registry is for me a strictly no go zone - in fact I've never been in that twilight zone, perfectly at home with D I Y and practical issues but must remain in shallows of this I T stuff. Will proceed with caution and see what happens, I suppose creating a Restore point would be of little effect if I bodged things up! Regards Dave.