Warning: 32-bit version of CCleaner 5.33 compromised

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Re: Warning: 32-bit version of CCleaner 5.33 compromised

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

When i am studying in my college days i used Advance System Care. But one time i am scanning my system with Dr web antivirus which says potentially malicious software running in your PC and it blocked the Advanced system care. Then i studied in online that blocked due to spyware and adware coding in that software. It mostly urge the users to get full version. That's why it blocked the software. Then i studied really do we need any software to clean the PC like Advance system care and CC cleaner. Mostly peoples are saying that these kind of software really slows down the system and getting the CPU usage more. SO we don't really want this kind of software. Is this true or not. Do we really need this kind of software or not? Kindly tell me about this something. Thanks

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Most "cleaner" applications are either useless or dangerous.

CCleaner is a positive exception - if used with care.
Its file cleaner part lets you delete temporary files for many applications with a single click. I use it regularly.
Its registry cleaner part doesn't do much - it is much less aggressive than many of its competitors - but it is generally harmless.
Best wishes,
Hans

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

After i read i am not using any software i am just delete the temporary files by using RUN command and "temp" and %temp%. But now i am going to use CC cleaner :smile: Thank you sir :smile: