Malwarebytes 3.0

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Malwarebytes 3.0

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:"Check for updates" works for me in Malwarebytes 3.0...
Oh. Well YOU'RE priviliged :sulk:
Malware.png
I have hunted through the screens and menus twice now for a means to update the db, but can't find it.
Doubly annoying is that when I reboot in the morning (with no WiFi) MalWareBytes throws up a little pop up reminding me to update my database!
Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

On the Dashboard page, you'll find Updates under Scan Status on the right hand side. The Updates status is actually a link that will check for updates.
S1404.png
Apart from that, Malwarebytes automatically checks for definition updates when you run a scan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:Apart from that, Malwarebytes automatically checks for definition updates when you run a scan.
Thanks Hans.
I see that now.
I note too that the update was performed 24 minutes ago, about the time I fired up MWB again to make my earlier posting.
A couple of days ago I asked "Is it me, or is it a "step up" in that the free version doesn't allow updates?"
The answer appears to be "It is ME!" (again!!) and also that as time goes on, we are submitting more and more to automation.

I miss, of course, the thrill of being allowed to click my own button, in a manner of speaking.
Soon "Update Now" buttons will be as scarce as slide-rules.
Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

There are so many anti virus software available in market. How to choose which one is right one.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Windows Defender, which is built into Windows, is good enough for most users.

If you wish, you can run a scan with the free version of Malwarebytes from time to time, for example once a week.
Best wishes,
Hans

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Yes sir. Superb sir. First i am trying so many different anti virus software. Then i was using Bit defender Total security about 3 years. Then only i realized that microsoft security essential for windows 7 or windows defender for windows 8 or windows 10 is good enough. Now i am only using Windows defender sir. Very light and reliable. Thank you sir :thankyou: