Pareto Logic

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Pareto Logic

Post by Doc.AElstein »

Pareto Logic (Microsoft Partner) ?

Hi
I get a pop up since a few weeks “Pareto Logic”
This is new to me. I did not intentionally install or agree to have it.
I am asking if anyone here has any experience or knows anything about this “Thing”

I could not get a screenshot to show you, as the thing Pos up and goes away as it feels like and so I could not “catch it” yet. But this person at the start of this Thread has given a screen shot similar to the Pop – up I see.
http://www.computerhilfen.de/hilfen-17-424440-0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The person there in that Thread was suggested some Google Links. That did not take them much further nor did it me ( other than a few hours of frustration ! )

One suggestion was to find it with AdwCleaner. I took the plunge, downloaded that, and run it. But it found nothing.
I already have CCCleaner. I use that frequently in the normal scan. I tried the Registry option for the first time just now . It found loads of Installer Reference Issues. I took the plunge and selected Fix selected issues on that. I expect that may have been a separate issue, ( Or not ? )
I cannot find any reference to Pareto Logic in my Explorer Programs / De instillation Window
I cannot find it under all my programs list either
I think this Pareto Logic was there before and after my last Full Microsoft Security Essentials run. I cannot do that so often, or rather prefer not to, as it seems to take ages ( Days )
I have spent some time now googling in English and German. There are, as always lots of offers of software to remove “all and everything” you do not want. My experience in the past is that they themselves are often viruses. So I do not feel like downloading those
As to whether Pareto Logic is harmless or not, the googling I have tried seems to be vary varied..

I am happy to ignore it if it is harmless.

So I am just asking if anyone here has any information on this "Pareto Logic " thing ?

Thanks,
Alan
I am having difficulty logging in with this account just now.
You can find me at DocAElstein also

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Pareto Logic

Post by Rudi »

I cannot verify this method, but see if the following instructions help...
(I see they refer to a task entry that is added into the task scheduler too.)
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

Hi Rudi,
Thanks for the Reply
I think that was one of the things I had googled.
Like a few others it says first to locate the ParetoLogic folder in All Programs Listing. But I cannot seen to find anything like that in the Listing,.
( And there is no reference to it in my Explorer Programs / De instillation Window )

Thanks anyway
Alan

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Is Pareto Logic listed in Control Panel > Programs and Features?
If so, you can try to uninstall it from there.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

HansV wrote:Is Pareto Logic listed in Control Panel > Programs and Features?
Or use the :free: version of Revo Uninstaller, which will search for stuff the regular uninstaller leaves behind. make sure you get the FREE version, not the trial of the Pro version, the relevant link is near the bottom of this page:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uni ... nload.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ken

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

HansV wrote:Is Pareto Logic listed in Control Panel > Programs and Features?
Thanks Hans,
I think that was what I meant by in my “Explorer Programs / De instillation Window”.. - where I could not find it.
Apologies. I am using a German System and I do not always translate what I mean correctly.
Alan

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

stuck wrote:.....
Or use the :free: version of Revo Uninstaller, which will search for stuff the regular uninstaller .....
Thanks Ken,
I tried that . It just gives me an identical listing to that in Control Panel > Programs and Features
Thanks anyway, was worth a try.
Alan

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

I found it interesting that when Googling Pareto Logic, ten out of eleven hits on the first page were flagged by WOT, as Scam or Malware! Right there, I would rush to fire up my uninstaller and blow that thing out of the water.
Advanced Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller recommended.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Can you find a folder whose name is or contains ParetoLogic in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)?

If so, you might try deleting that folder as a last resort (although that is not the preferred way to remove a program)
Best wishes,
Hans

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

viking33 wrote:I found it interesting that when Googling Pareto Logic, ten out of eleven hits on the first page were flagged by WOT, as Scam or Malware! Right there, I would rush to fire up my uninstaller and blow that thing out of the water.....
Thanks Bob.. maybe i will have to let me Microsoft security essentials run tonight then
Alan

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

And perhaps Malwarebytes...
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

HansV wrote:Can you find a folder whose name is or contains ParetoLogic in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)?.., you might try deleting that folder as a last resort (although that is not the preferred way to remove a program)
Hi Hans,
I found it! :thankyou: Almost as you said :clapping: ( It was in C:ProgramData. )

Using Excel 2007
C:\ProgramData\ParetoLogicParetoLogic
C:\ProgramData\ParetoLogic\UUS3UUS3
Master.xml
Patch.xml
Update.xml
C:\ProgramData\ParetoLogic\UUS3\PCHAPCHA
Database.xml
Master.xml
Patch.xml
Update.xml
I am a bit nervous of deleting these Things. Sounds like Open Heart Surgery to me. Do you think I should just try a simple Delete of it?,

Alan

( P.s. Got to use my version of Rudi’s Folder and Sub Folder Queue code for that table .. ..
http://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtopic. ... 99#p176283" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
.. thought it would come in useful !! :smile: :smile: :evilgrin: )

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

PaulB wrote:And perhaps Malwarebytes...
Thanks paul
Haven't got that one ( had it once i think but it kept bugging me to update ( at a cost )
Thanks anyway

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Doc.AElstein wrote:I am a bit nervous of deleting these Things. Sounds like Open Heart Surgery to me. Do you think I should just try a simple Delete of it?
I'd delete it. (If anything happens, you can simply restore it from the recycle bin).
And can I remind you to check for a reference in the Task Scheduler too as mentioned in the italic part of the quote below...
E-How (Steps to Delete Pareto) wrote:Open Windows Explorer by selecting the "Computer" or "My Computer" option from the Start menu or by holding the Windows key on your keyboard and pressing "E." Navigate to the hard drive that you installed ParetoLogic on, expand the "Program Files" folder, and delete the "ParetoLogic" folder if it still exists.

Navigate to the "Program Data" folder and delete the "ParetoLogic" folder there as well if one exists. Close Windows Explorer.

Open the Start menu again and expand the "Programs" or "All Programs" menu. Expand the "Accessories" menu, then expand the "System Tools" menu contained inside. Click on the "Scheduled Tasks" or "Task Scheduler" item to launch the Windows Task Scheduler.

Click the "ParetoLogic Registration" item in the Task Scheduler. Press the "Del" key or click on the "Delete This Item" option from the menu on the left in order to remove the ParetoLogic task that will cause errors once the program has been uninstalled.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

ProgramData doesn't contain the program itself, only some supporting files. Deleting the ParetoLogic subfolder in ProgramData won't remove or stop the program...
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

A Google search I did on ParetoLogic led me to an old post on TechRepublic where someone said they'd used Autoruns to delete a driver and then Ccleaner to sweep the registry in their effort to remove this thing.

Ken

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

stuck wrote:A Google search I did on ParetoLogic led me to......
Ken
Thanks Ken,
I could not quite understand what all that means as I am a bit computer idiot. But I had, as mentioned in the first Post, done something with CCleaner regarding “clearing the Registry, So that all makes some sort of sense, maybe.
Thanks for the reply.
Alan

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

@Hans and Rudi,
Hi Hans and Rudi,
Thanks very much for the extra info.
I guess it could have been in both or either Programs, Program Data, etc… but it appears that in those Folders I was able to delete the Pareto stuff. :smile:

I have struggled quite a bit with the stuff in italics suggested by Rudi. :scratch: . I expect there is a lot lost on the translation and also things in my particular ( Vista ) system do not quite seem to be in the exact places said by yourselves or in the googling I did around the areas which related to what you have suggested..

But :smile:

I think I may be there. Almost , maybe. I manage eventually to navigate to
Paretologic Registration 3
And
ParetoLogic Update Version3
It appears to be shown in a Window that could translate well to Task scheduler.
However I cannot delete it. The delete key does nothing when I select either of these two things. There appears no menu of anything of the form “Delete this item” either.

However to the left was a Folder with the name something like Task scheduler Library. Both those two things were shown there, and I was able to delete them.

So maybe I am there. You help was the important bit of direction that do not think I would have got to without that. :thankyou:

Thankyou again for your help

I will feedback and let you know if / what happens regarding the Pop up in the next few days

Alan

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Post by MalcolmWalker »

Have you looked at this page? http://www.paretologic.com/resources/he ... se/195.htm where there are instructions for removing ParetoLogic from Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP systems. Note that you need to be logged in as an Administrator.

Also on that page is a link to Technical Support at: http://www.paretologic.com/resources/he ... se/192.htm

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

MalcolmWalker wrote:Have you looked at this page.....
Thanks Malcolm,
I think I hit those a few times indirectly on my google search. They were often referenced by someone offering to a solution to an OP with a similar problem. The Feedback then from the OP was that you are instructed to re install fully ( at a price! ) the Pareto Logic in order to be able to de install it with that software complete !! ( maybe the person referring to it has shares in Pareto Logic! )

But thanks for replying, appreciate it
Alan