Why Can't I Delete Embedded E-mail Addresses?

BobH
UraniumLounger

Why Can't I Delete Embedded E-mail Addresses?

Post by BobH »

Using Thunderbird 3.1.10, I can sometimes select and delete the email addresses in messages forwarded to me then forward the message without them. Sometimes, when I select and delete those addresses, the whole message is deleted not just the selected text. Why does selecting and deleting work sometimes and sometimes not?

Is there a way to look at an e-mail (including looking at the source) to determine how to get rid of just the embedded addresses? I have been unable to discern any means by looking at a message. I almost never include previous addressees in forwarded messages (except by accident).
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Why Can't I Delete Embedded E-mail Addresses?

Post by Bigaldoc »

If I'm reading your idea correctly, it would seem that, while you're viewing that message, you should click "edit message as new" (see attached) and then you can do as you like with not only addressees, but textual content as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Why Can't I Delete Embedded E-mail Addresses?

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Big Al!

I wasn't aware of that feature. Worked like a charm!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs