Security alert

RonH
SilverLounger

Security alert

Post by RonH »

I have been receiving a few of these, maybe one every 3-4 weeks, each with a different (so called) email address. My email is not the recovery email address. Is it a genuine Google advice ...
To date, I have simply deleted such 'scam' but should I take any further action :scratch:
Screenshot_20230216-060509_Outlook~3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Security alert

Post by StuartR »

I would log in to Google using a browser and run the security checkup. Obviously you shouldn't click on any links in that email.
StuartR

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

StuartR wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 07:16
I would log in to Google using a browser and run the security checkup. Obviously you shouldn't click on any links in that email.
Thanks Stuart,
I have made these checks previously and also double checked just now ... no security activity and alerts from the last 28 days. Also checked my email addresses with 'Have you been Pwned' which is also clean. Seems perhaps that this advice is not coming from Google although it does look very authentic :groan: What else can I check?
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I think the message is authentic, but you don't have to worry about it, nor do you need to take any action.
The message states that your email address has been specified as the recovery email address for that weird address.
I suspect that qmux...club is a spam account generated by a bot, and that a random address was set as recovery address.
But your account is not affected by this. You may get a security alert like this one from time to time; you can safely ignore and delete it.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Hans
... what with this 'spam' stuff and occasional weird calls/texts on such as mobiles I suppose it keeps the grey matter functioning!
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.