Something missing from Windows Live Mail

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Something missing from Windows Live Mail

Post by Gloria E »

Recently I had trouble getting on the Internet and contacted my ISP (Comcast). Their tech had me click RESET in IE8, this removed some of things I was used to seeing and using. The one I'm posting about is when I went to the Start menu, All Programs, Windows Live Mail. There used to be an arrow to the right of its name that pointed to things I could do. For instance Create new mail, among others. After I clicked Reset and tried to select Create New Mail I noticed the arrow was missing and I had to open WLM to do what I could do before without opening the complete program. :sad:

I found an article in Windows Help called :Reset IE settings. It contained information on IE settings that are affected by a reset. I quote: By resetting IE settings, you return IE to the state it was in when it was first installed. Resetting IE's settings is NOT reversible. It's too bad I didn't know about this before I clicked that button.

Doing this did not solve my problem, it was something else entirely, which I fixed myself by the way. I need to know if there is any way I can manually put the arrows back and have the use of all the options provided? This isn't earth shaking but it was convient. I'm not hopeful that this can be accomplished, but there's no harm in asking is it?

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

stuckling1
2StarLounger

Re: Something missing from Windows Live Mail

Post by stuckling1 »

Are you on Win7 ?

In Vista you can find Windows Live Mail in "All Programs", right click and pin it to the Start menu.
I guess in Win7 a similar process might apply, and might restore the shortcuts.
Failing that there is right-click on the Start button itself> properties> Start Menu > Customise and then there is a link to choose which email client shows up at the top of the start menu. Ensuring that WLM is the 'pinned' as the main mail client might restore your shortcut list?

I'm not hugely familar with Win7, that was based on my knowledge of Vista, but a similar process (if not exactly the same) could be a good way to start...

Hope you get it sorted

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Re: Something missing from Windows Live Mail

Post by Gloria E »

Windows Live Mail was already listed under All Programs, but without the arrows pointing to the 5 missing additional choices.

When I read your post a light bulb went off and I found a shortcut on the computer, right clicked and chose: Pin to Start Menu. Heaven to Betsy! The arrows have been restored, thanks to your suggestion.

In reply to your question, yes, I'm running Widows 7.

Thank you so much, Stuckling.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!