GMail

Gloria E
5StarLounger

GMail

Post by Gloria E »

I have a question. Can messages in GMail appear in Windows Live Mail? I would like to receive GMail messages when I open Windows Live Mail. Is that a possibility?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: GMail

Post by HansV »

Yes. You need to do two things:
- Enable POP access in Gmail.
- Configure Windows Live Mail for Gmail.
You'll find detailed instructions with illustrations by following the links in Windows Mail - Gmail Help (although it's for Windows Mail, it should apply to Windows Live Mail too).
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Yes. You need to do two things:
You'll find detailed instructions with illustrations by following the links in Windows Mail - Gmail Help (although it's for Windows Mail, it should apply to Windows Live Mail too).
Thanks for the links. You know what Hans? I had so much trouble configuring Live Mail that I'm scared to death to mess with it's settings. All I would need is for it to stop working again, so I think I'll pass and leave things exactly as they are now. :flee:

Thanks anyway.

Gloria
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Gloria E wrote:
Thanks for the links. You know what Hans? I had so much trouble configuring Live Mail that I'm scared to death to mess with it's settings. All I would need is for it to stop working again, so I think I'll pass and leave things exactly as they are now. :flee:

Thanks anyway.

Gloria
No spirit of adventure? :innocent:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

StoneChucker
StarLounger

Post by StoneChucker »

Another option Gloria, is to setup GMail to forward all incoming mail to your Windows Live Mail account.

Inside Gmail, click the settings link (top right), and select "Forwarding and POP/IMAP". The area near the top is used for forwarding.

Christopher

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

viking33 wrote:
Gloria E wrote:

Thanks anyway.

Gloria
No spirit of adventure? :innocent:
No that kind of adventure, I place it in the same category as white water rafting (and I can't swim). :laugh: