Opening .eml

RonH
SilverLounger

Opening .eml

Post by RonH »

Windows Live Mail on my pc is the default but I never realised that you can also open a saved email copy by rt click and selecting MS Word ... or you can open it from Word.So if WLM for any reason fails, you can still have access to your saved copies.
I fully expect that all our experts know this but it may be news to others :fanfare:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Opening .eml

Post by HansV »

Thanks!

The .eml format is basically the same as the .mht format used by Internet Explorer to save web pages in a single file (including all the graphics).
So you can open .eml files in Internet Explorer too, after changing the extension from .eml to .mht
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

That's useful Hans ... thanks.
Well, in spite of my better judgement, I have downloaded and installed WLM 2012, which overwrote my WLM 2011. Retained all my Storage Folders :clapping: and it was 'pain free' . Which raise another possible issue ...
Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594)
I am reading that this can cause problems W10/WLM 2012. Any knowledge/have you installed it?
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

See the reply by Ron Sommer in Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM 2012:
Ron Sommer wrote:Login to your outlook.com account using a browser. Does it say Outlook.com or Outlook Mail (Preview)?

KB3093594 should only be installed if you have an outlook.com account that has been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview).

If you have more than one outlook.com account, you will have to decide if you want the accounts that have not been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) to work or do you want the accounts that have been upgraded to work.

No Outlook Mail (Preview) accounts - do not install KB3093594.
An account has upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) - install KB3093594.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Saw that Hans. Seems that Outlook.Mail is going to be forced on us ... read that somewhere but can't find it again. Forgot to link :sad:
Whatever, my Outlook says Outlook.com in top LH corner so I guess 'not for me'.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.