Opera - signing out of Hotmail

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Opera - signing out of Hotmail

Post by IanWilson »

I have a Hotmail account that I use on very rare occasions (mainly when I need another address to send an email to or from for testing purposes). Lately when I have used it, after I click the Log Out button, I get a message saying
We couldn't sign you out because your browser is blocking cookies. To sign out, close all of your browser windows.

To keep this from happening again, change your browser's settings to allow cookies. If you don't know how to do that, see your browser's help.
I don't think Opera is blocking cookies, so what is all that about and how can I change it?

Ian

HansV
Administrator

Re: Opera - signing out of Hotmail

Post by HansV »

A search for this problem resulted in a suggestion that you should allow third-party cookies, or at least live.com and passport.net cookies.
Best wishes,
Hans

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Post by IanWilson »

HansV wrote:A search for this problem resulted in a suggestion that you should allow third-party cookies, or at least live.com and passport.net cookies.
I've got choices of Accept Cookies (which is what I have it set to), Accept Cookies only from the site I visit, or Never Accept Cookies, so it looks as though I am accepting third party cookies, doesn't it?

Ian

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Yes, it does. It was the only suggestion I could find, so we're back to square one. Sorry!
Best wishes,
Hans