Chrome scroll wheel speed

Rudi
gamma jay

Chrome scroll wheel speed

Post by Rudi »

Hi,

I've picked up an anomaly between Chrome and FF (and Windows). I'd like to find out if others experience the same behaviour.

In Windows; my scroll wheel mouse setting is set to 4 (scroll 4 lines at a time).
In most windows apps I use, (File explorer, Word, Excel, etc) this works great.
In FF, this scrolls at the defined rate too... 4 lines.
In Chrome, it scrolls 16 lines at a time.

If I set Windows to scroll at 1 line at a time with the mouse wheel, all windows apps and FF scroll at one line and Chrome scrolls at 4 lines.

I'm not aware of any settings in Chrome to modify mouse scroll rates, but does anyone know of such a setting? Google does not seem to provide much search results barring the advice to use extensions to do this.

TX.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Chrome scroll wheel speed

Post by HansV »

I'm using Chrome 54.0.2840.87 m on Windows 7 at the moment. The mouse uses the built-in mouse driver; I haven't installed the specific Logitech driver for the mouse.

I've set the mouse wheel to scroll 3 lines at a time in the Mouse control panel:
S293.png
Chrome honours this setting - web pages scroll 3 lines at a time too.

A Google search turns up lots of complaints about Chrome scrolling too fast. Which mouse driver are you using?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Sam1085
3StarLounger

Post by Sam1085 »

I have found an add-on for that.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fkhb?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Sampath-

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hans, I am using a driver provided by Synaptics (I think the default driver for Lenovo...my laptop brand).
I do recall updating the driver a few months back to update the laptops touchpad tracking.

Based on your response then, it seems to be a driver issue and not a setting in Chrome.
I'll investigate further.
Regards,
Rudi

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Sam1085 wrote:I have found an add-on for that.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fkhb?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TX Sam:
I came across this add-in in my searching, but I want to avoid excess add-in activation in my browser.

Cheers
Regards,
Rudi