How to make Google forget your most embarrassing searches

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

How to make Google forget your most embarrassing searches

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Tampa bay Times
Google collects information on your searches to create a more personalized ad experience and search interface for you. But if you don't want Google to remember every embarrassing thing you've searched for, follow these instructions. (Jhaan Elker/The Washington Post)

Google probably knows you better than your closest friends and family. With every search you make or YouTube video you watch, the search giant is quietly collecting information for a personalized profile it uses to serve you targeted ads. But a new tool called My Activity makes it easier than ever to see what information Google is stockpiling about you — and delete things you'd rather it forget. Here's what you need to know about this new tool and how it can help you manage your privacy.

... and so on.

I think I'd like to capture all that saved data on my own hard drive and analyse it myself before deleting it all.

Cheers
Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

StuartR
Administrator

Re: How to make Google forget your most embarrassing searche

Post by StuartR »

I use the DuckDuckGo search engine because it doesn't keep any logs, and all traffic is encrypted.
StuartR

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

StuartR wrote:I use the DuckDuckGo search engine because it doesn't keep any logs, and all traffic is encrypted.
So do I ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cheers, Claude.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

DuckDuckGo and Ixquick are my search engines of choice.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016