Google Browsing data

RonH
SilverLounger

Google Browsing data

Post by RonH »

Do we really 'delete' browsing data :scratch:
Interestingly, when I have exercised my right to Delete All, I find that starting to type something into the Search gets 'Google completed' to what I have some time previously searched for!
I just have to accept that I will never be forgot ... gosh what a thought :grin:
Google Browsing.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Google Browsing data

Post by HansV »

Are you logged in to a Google account (for example a Gmail account) when you browse?
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Yep Hans, I usually leave myself logged in to Gmail ... even when I am not active and do not have the web page open. I am also logged in via my tablet & smartphone.
Cheers Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You can clear your search history in the account settings of your Google account, and even disable storing of your search history altogether (although Google will no doubt keep on analyzing it for the greater good of all mankind...). See Delete searches & browsing activity.
Best wishes,
Hans

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

See also Search on Google using autocomplete - Search Help:
Search predictions come from:

The terms you’re typing.
What other people are searching for, including trending searches Trending. Trending searches are popular stories in your area that change throughout the day. Trending searches aren’t related to your search history.
Relevant searches you’ve done in the past (if you’re signed in to your Google Account and have Web & App Activity turned on).
Leif

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Hans ... I have 'attacked' these at times but I think your 'for the greater good of all mankind' is right on the mark!
I will just have to do what everyone else does ... accept that 'privacy' really does not exist these days. I must be too sensitive :grin:

Leif ... crossed in the post! Thanks for your input.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.