Chrome...

MikeS
Lounger

Chrome...

Post by MikeS »

Anyone tried it? I love it...lightning fast!
Mike

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Chrome...

Post by Bigaldoc »

Tried What?

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

It took me some getting used to the Chrome interface, but now I love it. I only wish that the new extensions worked better/more consistently.

I'm waiting for a print button and a pdf extension that work on my system, and then I'll be on :cloud9:
Samantha

MikeS
Lounger

Post by MikeS »

Google's browser. Give it a spin Al. You FF guy's might just like it!

http://tools.google.com/chrome/intl/en-US/welcome.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mike

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

I really like Chrome Mike. It's fast and it's fast and oh yeh, it's FAST~!~!~! It's great seeing you here :cheers:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

MikeS
Lounger

Post by MikeS »

Samantha wrote:It took me some getting used to the Chrome interface, but now I love it.
Likewise! I'm on it now still trying to get used to it, but I, too, love it! :cheers:
Mike

MikeS
Lounger

Post by MikeS »

Hey Jude wrote:I really like Chrome Mike. It's fast and it's fast and oh yeh, it's FAST~!~!~! It's great seeing you here :cheers:
Let's not forget secure...for now anyway! :crossfingers:
Mike

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

I feel as secure on Chrome as I do on FF. It has lots of neat little features. When I'm in a rush and need to find something FAST then I go Chroming hehe!~

MikeS
Lounger

Post by MikeS »

Hey Jude wrote:I feel as secure on Chrome as I do on FF. It has lots of neat little features. When I'm in a rush and need to find something FAST then I go Chroming hehe!~
For sure! I'm checking out some of the extensions tonight. I added the gmail and adblock extensions so far. As nice as Chrome is, I really miss having the Google toolbar in IE. I relied heavily on it
Mike

Jan Karel Pieterse
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jan Karel Pieterse »

Pity it seems to choke on displaying my (FULLY COMPLIANT!!) website properly.
Haven't found a proper workaround yet.
Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP jkp-ads.com

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

MikeS wrote:Google's browser. Give it a spin Al. You FF guy's might just like it!
Aw sheesh, my bad Mike! It was 9:30 pm when I read your post last night, about ½ hour later than my normal bedtime!

I guess I thought you were talking about some modification to the Firefox "chrome" and forgot to specify. Sorry...

Yeah, I too have Chrome installed but only tried it once or twice. I can't get used to the fact that there's no command line up on top.

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

MikeS wrote:Anyone tried it? I love it...lightning fast!
Yeah, I did try it when it first escaped, but it tried to take over my PC, and didn't offer any advantages over Opera (apart from not being evil), so I uninstalled again PDQ.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

MikeS
Lounger

Post by MikeS »

jonwallace wrote:
MikeS wrote:Anyone tried it? I love it...lightning fast!
Yeah, I did try it when it first escaped, but it tried to take over my PC, and didn't offer any advantages over Opera (apart from not being evil), so I uninstalled again PDQ.
Google evil? I find them to be anything but.
Mike

MikeS
Lounger

Post by MikeS »

Bigaldoc wrote:
MikeS wrote:Google's browser. Give it a spin Al. You FF guy's might just like it!
Aw sheesh, my bad Mike! It was 9:30 pm when I read your post last night, about ½ hour later than my normal bedtime!

I guess I thought you were talking about some modification to the Firefox "chrome" and forgot to specify. Sorry...

Yeah, I too have Chrome installed but only tried it once or twice. I can't get used to the fact that there's no command line up on top.
I agree. There's a lot to get used to with Chrome. It does seem to be gaining ground rapidly in the browser wars, though. I'm hoping I'll be able to adapt. This brain struggles with new tricks at this point in my life! :confused:
Mike

MikeS
Lounger

Post by MikeS »

Jan Karel Pieterse wrote:Pity it seems to choke on displaying my (FULLY COMPLIANT!!) website properly.
Haven't found a proper workaround yet.
I've found it to be the same as well. If there is a "deal breaker" for Chrome, that's it.
Mike

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

Chrome is becoming a good browser, my main problem with it is where it installs itself.
Unlike most programs it does not install itself into the default applications directory, C:\Program Files\, instead it uses the application data directories and in Vista/7 installs itself in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\
I don't think you should install programs in a data directory, for me that was a deal breaker with Chrome, though I do have it on a USB key.

I believe if you use the Google Pack to install Chrome then it does install in the Program Files directory, though I have not tried this.
Tony

MikeS
Lounger

Post by MikeS »

TonyE wrote:Chrome is becoming a good browser...Unlike most programs it does not install itself into the default applications directory.
Interesting article: http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Chro ... 9-643.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ...I wasn't aware of that...not good. :bummer:
Last edited by MikeS on 26 Jan 2010, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Hey Mike, you've got a few extra characters at the end of that link. An edit would help. It works if you stop at the html.

MikeS
Lounger

Post by MikeS »

Bigaldoc wrote:Hey Mike, you've got a few extra characters at the end of that link. An edit would help. It works if you stop at the html.
You can't take me anywhere! :laugh: Thanks Al.
Mike

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

TonyE wrote:Chrome is becoming a good browser, my main problem with it is where it installs itself.
Unlike most programs it does not install itself into the default applications directory, C:\Program Files\, instead it uses the application data directories and in Vista/7 installs itself in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\
I don't think you should install programs in a data directory, for me that was a deal breaker with Chrome, though I do have it on a USB key.

I believe if you use the Google Pack to install Chrome then it does install in the Program Files directory, though I have not tried this.
I just searched and found it exactly where you said. I just used Revo to uninstall it and am installing it via the Google Pack to see where it will install it. I am a curious soul who likes checking all these things out. Thanks TonyE for the heads-up on this. I will post back when it completes the installation.