Viewing all open Google Chrome tabs with ctrl + tab, etc.

jmt356
SilverLounger

Viewing all open Google Chrome tabs with ctrl + tab, etc.

Post by jmt356 »

In IE, when pressing ctrl + tab to view all open windows or Windows button + [the number corresponding to where IE was pinned on the taskbar], every open IE tab was displayed. However, in Google Chrome, only windows, not the individual tabs, displays. Is there a way to get every individual open tab to display?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Viewing all open Google Chrome tabs with ctrl + tab, etc

Post by HansV »

Ctrl+Tab moves from tab to tab both in Internet Explorer and in Chrome, it does not display all tabs...
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

IE has settings to adjust how the buttons (representing tabs) displays on the taskbar. (see image)
Image 4.jpg
Chrome does not have these settings, but it can be mimicked (apparently) by adjusting taskbar properties. This however will affect other taskbar buttons and groups...

- See here (with more details on how to do this here)
- And here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Perhaps I was not clear in explaining what I want to do.

In Windows 8:
When I press Windows logo + 1, all of my open files in Word display just above my TaskBar (Word is pinned in the first position in my task bar).
When I press Windows logo + 2, all of my open files in Outlook display just above my TaskBar (Ootlook is pinned in the first position in my task bar).
When I press Windows logo + 3, only a singe Chrome window is displayed in my TaskBar, even if that window has several tabs open. With IE, each tab displays as a separate icon when I pressed Windows logo + 3, even though all of the tabs belonged to just one window.

How can I get Chrome to behave like that?
Regards,

JMT

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Did you take a look at my link above pointing to groovypost.com?
It shows how to modify Chrome to show individual tiled windows for your tabs.
It is connected to Aero Peek when you hover your mouse, but (AFAIK) it will also show when you use the [Win]+1... keyboard shortcuts.
Regards,
Rudi

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Remark: the switch

--enable-aero-peek-tabs

mentioned in the first two links that Rudi posted, doesn't work any more in recent versions of Chrome; Google has removed this feature in 2012 or thereabouts.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

:groan: Sorry!!
I never tested it as I never use those thumbnail previews. As a matter of fact, I disable them using a taskbar tweaker!

I probably need to run future Google searches with a more recent time stamp! (so much can change in 6 years!!)
Regards,
Rudi

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Hans: Can you confirm that there is currently no way to view all of my open Google Chrome tabs when pressing Windows key + [the assigned number]?

Is there a way to program Google Chrome such that when I click a link from an email or Word document, the web page opens up in a new Google Chrome window rather than in a new Google Chrome tab?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

jmt356 wrote:Hans: Can you confirm that there is currently no way to view all of my open Google Chrome tabs when pressing Windows key + [the assigned number]?
As far as I know, that is indeed the case.
jmt356 wrote:Is there a way to program Google Chrome such that when I click a link from an email or Word document, the web page opens up in a new Google Chrome window rather than in a new Google Chrome tab?
The last reply in Opening in new window says:
There is a way to achieve this.......

There is a way to change the default command line parameter for Chrome so that it will open a shortcut (external to the current Chrome window) in a new window as default, but it requires downloading a free utility from here:

http://nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(FileTypesMan - Alternative to 'File Types' manager of Windows)

Extract, run, look for the htm/html and change the default parameters for Chrome to include --new-window
I haven't tried it myself, but give it a go.
Best wishes,
Hans