EXIF Viewer for Chrome

RonH
SilverLounger

EXIF Viewer for Chrome

Post by RonH »

Any recommendations please for an EXIF VIewer to use with Chrome operating on Windows 7.
There seem to be a lot listed.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: EXIF Viewer for Chrome

Post by stuck »

Rather than looking for a browser plugin why just use a stand alone program? I've got ExifTool Gui on my XP machine, get it here;
http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exi ... oolgui.htm

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hei Ken ... does this one work with Chrome ... many don't.
I previously used Kuso with IE and this was a very simple rt click operation but it does not seem to function with Chrome
Thanks Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

RonH wrote:Hei Ken ... does this one work with Chrome ... many don't.
:scratch: I don't follow you. As I said in my post, it doesn't require a browser at all, it is a stand alone application. Once installed it's just an icon on your desktop / start menu.

Or do you mean if you are viewing an image say on Flikr, you want to get at the EXIF data without having to download the image to your PC first? In which case, no this app won't do that.

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

stuck wrote: ... Or do you mean if you are viewing an image say on Flikr, you want to get at the EXIF data without having to download the image to your PC first? In which case, no this app won't do that.
Ken
Yep, that's what I like to do. Didn't explain myself too well, sorry.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Have you asked over at CiC? Someone there might be a Chrome user.

Meanwhile my Googling only finds people asking your question and/or grumbling about the uselessness of the extensions that are available. Most seem to end up switching to Firefox and using the FXIF add-on.

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

That was going to be my next move Ken. Like you, all I found was 'grumbles' in my searches.
I'll drop CiC a line.
Thanks
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Ken,
Gonna give:
http://regex.info/blog/other-writings/o ... ata-viewer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; a go. Not as simple as Kuso but probably much like the one you suggested.
CiC named a couple for me. Which name are you under in CiC ... Stuck I am guessing since its listed.
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

RonH wrote:Which name are you under in CiC ... Stuck I am guessing since its listed.
You guess correctly.

Ken