Google Chrome Error Message

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Google Chrome Error Message

Post by hlewton »

I have Google Chrome installed but rarely, if ever use, it. Also upon advice of one of the members here I also have Google Chrome Frame installed because when using Gmail I was getting a message about it not supporting my version of IE. Quite frequently lately I have been getting a message saying Google Chrome has encountered a problem and needs to close. As I said, I am not using Google Chrome that I know of but I assume I am using Google Chrome Frame. However, there is no mention of Frame when that error message appears. I have no idea what to look for or change to correct this and stop receiving this error message. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

Claude
cheese lizard

Re: Google Chrome Error Message

Post by Claude »

I would uninstall Frame and Chrome, reboot, and see if the problem persists. If it does, run a registry cleaner.
Cheers, Claude.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

To add to Claude's message, when you uninstall, do not use the Windows uninstall option in the control panel, but rather use a dedicated uninstaller like the FREE Revo Uninstall since this does a COMPLETE uninstall ensuring that ALL files and registry settings get removed.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

I don't plan to hog your thread but I am curious why you rarely use Chrome, favouring IE.
I recently swapped from IE9 to Chrome and am very satisfied ...
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know there were any because for some reason I did not get an email notification of any of these replies. I will give the suggestions a try.

To answer RonH I just have never used any browser but IE to any extent at all. I really don't know why because I know it has many problems but I just haven't been a fan of other browsers and I really have no valid reason for that statement except I tend to stick with what I am most familiar with.
Regards,
hlewton