Google Chrome - forwarding a page link

RonH
SilverLounger

Google Chrome - forwarding a page link

Post by RonH »

With IE9 it is easy to forward a link to a web page (or the entire page) by eg email but I can't see how to do this using Chrome :scratch:
Anyone solved this please.
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Google Chrome - forwarding a page link

Post by HansV »

This feature is missing in Chrome, but you can easily add it. See Google Chrome: Add a Send Link Button to the Bookmarks Bar.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Hans ... tried this but it did not function with my WLM.
Looking at the web page you linked, it does seem that many others have various difficulties so maybe it is only reliable if one uses GMail? I will have a look at some others that are on the web to see if there is one that will work with WLM/Chrome.
I still have IE9 so maybe my best bet is to use this browser when wanting to send a link.
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't use Chrome myself, perhaps someone else can help you better.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

No sweat ... tried again and got it to function but it does not automatically provide a 'hyperlink' in the email so you have to create it.
Whatever ... IE9 has the advantage here.
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

What happens if you simply drag the URL from Chrome and drop in an email? Or just select, copy & paste. Does it end up as a hyperlink?

If not, then in the email what if you then put you cursor at the end of the text of the URL and press enter, does it become a link then?

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hei Ken,
Unlike IE9 where you can read the page URL under eg Rt Click/Properties, I can't see how you get this info from Chrome to paste into an email. If you Rt Click in a Chrome page you get *View Page Source' which is a mass of information within which maybe the page URL.
But having got the Send Link now as a working Bookmark in Chrome its easy to create the hyperlink from the URL which appears in the email from 'Send Link' by highlighting it/ Rt Click/Insert.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Although I have Fx, IE and Chrome, I've never used your technique for putting a link into an email. I always select the link, copy it and after opening my email program, paste it into the body. (My email is Mozilla Thunderbird.)

I just opened Chrome and went to this Lounge's Index page, non-maximized.

Then I opened TB with a new email, again non-maximized.

I was then able to DRAG the Eileen's Lounge icon into the body of the email as you see attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Hi Ron,

I meant what Al has illustrated. Just drag the URL from the browser address bar over to an email. I've not got Chrome but doing this works for FF to Outlook and FF to Outlook Express. In fact what I normally do is highlight the URL in the address bar then Ctrl C and Ctrl V. Job done.

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

:fanfare: Crikey ... there some smart folk in this Forum.

Now I am back in business ... I am getting used to Chrome and beginning to prefer it to IE9 but this was a major hang-up for me.
Thanks for taking time to help this old fart.
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.