Firefox 12 crashes reading second HTML file

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Firefox 12 crashes reading second HTML file

Post by John Gray »

As subject!
I have a number of HTML files, and double-clicking on one gets it loaded happily in Firefox 12.
Double-clicking on the second gives a message saying the file cannot be read, repeated one, and there is an error box saying that Firefox has to restart.

Changing the association of HTML to Internet Explorer causes all the files to load without error.

A quick Google didn't throw up any hits...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

HansV
Administrator

Re: Firefox 12 crashes reading second HTML file

Post by HansV »

Does this happen for all HTML files, or just specific ones? I wasn't able to reproduce the error when opening two relatively simple readme.html files...
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

All the ones I wanted to look at were produced by Belarc Advisor: (PCnn).html.
Last time I looked at them (with a previous version of FF) there was no problem.

Just wondered whether Tony had heard of this problem through his efficient grapevine!
Last edited by John Gray on 25 Apr 2012, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Ah yes, if anyone knows, it must be TonyE.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

John Gray wrote:All the ones I wanted to look at were produced by Belarc Advisor ...
I'm running Fx 12 John and just opened three Belarc HTML files, one after another, and didn't have any failures. Just to double check, I closed all three and ran my test a second time using one from a different drive and two of the originals.

And finally, since the Belarc files weren't a problem, I did a search on my C: drive for HTML files, loaded one created by Libre Office and one from Microsoft, both greater than 100K and didn't have a problem with those two either.

Sorry, I don't seem to be able to replicate your difficulty.