Firefox For Android

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Firefox For Android

Post by Bigaldoc »

I don't know if it's new or I just haven't noticed before, but after installing Fx 10 I saw in the welcome screen that Firefox for Android is available.

So, what the heck, I'm a loyal Fx user, I'll install it. Yeah, sure, now I'm reminded why I don't browse the web on my handheld. I couldn't read anything on that little screen if my life depended on it !!!

I'm sure there's a tap or a key to magnify, but without it, I couldn't even get my Lounge ID and password entered. Forget this one. I'll leave it on but don't plan to use it...

Mozilla Firefox | Firefox for Android | Download Firefox to your mobile device

Leif
Administrator

Re: Firefox For Android

Post by Leif »

Can you not expand the screen by touching it with two fingers and moving them apart?
With my HTC I can, plus tapping a paragraph, expands that to full screen. And rotating the screen gives me landscape view and therefore larger text.
Leif

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Leif wrote:Can you not expand the screen by touching it with two fingers and moving them apart?
With my HTC I can, plus tapping a paragraph, expands that to full screen. And rotating the screen gives me landscape view and therefore larger text.
Thanks, Leif. Rotating on my Samsung keeps the same size.

I tried tapping a section of the screen with no results.

I didn't know about the "two-finger" thing and I'll go and try that now. Thanks...

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I just tried the two-finger trick and it DOES zoom in. I managed to get logged on, so I know if push comes to shove, I CAN get here with the handheld.