FireFox 10.0

viking33
PlatinumLounger

FireFox 10.0

Post by viking33 »

Mozilla Fx 10. now available via auto update or from Mozilla.com.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Re: FireFox 10.0

Post by HansV »

There appears to be little for end users to get excited about - improved handling of compatibility of add-ons appears to be the most significant bit. There are some new features for developers, but it'll probably be a while before the results become visible to the public.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:There appears to be little for end users to get excited about - improved handling of compatibility of add-ons appears to be the most significant bit. There are some new features for developers, but it'll probably be a while before the results become visible to the public.
Improved add-on capabilities seems positive.
The only add-on that complained was Google Toolbar, that I "fudged" with the edit of the install.rdf file. Bumped it up to version 12 for now.
BOB

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

viking33 wrote:The only add-on that complained was Google Toolbar, that I "fudged" with the edit of the install.rdf file. Bumped it up to version 12 for now.
Google Toolbar has been discontinued for quite a while, editing install.rdf will allow you to keep it running but the toolbar may not fully work. Some features may already not work and as time goes on more features are likely to fail and may cause problems with Firefox. I recommend uninstalling it.
Tony

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

TonyE wrote:
viking33 wrote:The only add-on that complained was Google Toolbar, that I "fudged" with the edit of the install.rdf file. Bumped it up to version 12 for now.
Google Toolbar has been discontinued for quite a while, editing install.rdf will allow you to keep it running but the toolbar may not fully work. Some features may already not work and as time goes on more features are likely to fail and may cause problems with Firefox. I recommend uninstalling it.
Thus far, It appears to be working OK, for what I want it to do, anyway.
What is the alternative for Google TB now? Or is there one?
BOB

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

viking33 wrote:What is the alternative for Google TB now? Or is there one?
It depends what you use the Google Toolbar for. Mozilla have a knowledge base article that gives alternatives for various GTB features - Google Toolbar is not compatible with Firefox
Tony