FireFox Sync Account name lost

Teunis
3StarLounger

FireFox Sync Account name lost

Post by Teunis »

I used FF sync (Options|Sync) with my Galaxy S and it worked alright. However, since FF 7.01 I get sync error messages. So I want to reconnect my Galaxy. Although I did record my SyncPassword and my SyncKey, I forgot to record my Account name.

1) To reconnect and sync my Galaxy it asks for the Account name. I have searched the Mozilla forums but I could not find an answer.
2) The other solution is to get rid of my present account and start anew. But no success there either: I can log in correctly with my email address and syncPW, and am offered the option to delet the account. When I select that option, and confirm with the same syncPW (required) nothing is deleted, but

"Oh dear.
Looks like one of the dinosaurs escaped again. We keep them away from the data, so that should be safe.
Please try again later when we've wrestled him back onto the treadmill."

is displayed. What to do about it?
I don't use a FF masterpassword. Please advise.

Regards, Teunis

TonyE
3StarLounger

Re: FireFox Sync Account name lost

Post by TonyE »

Mozilla are having server problems which is causing users to receive various error messages. For the latest news on the server status see https://services.mozilla.com/status/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tony

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

Thanks Tony,
this may be the problem. Still I don't know how to recuperate my sync account name. Do you know?
Regards, Teunis

stuckling1
2StarLounger

Post by stuckling1 »

I'm having occasional server problems with FFx Sync in ffx4.0.1 aswell so I suspect TonyE 's comment may be a contributing factor.

If you've lost your username you could try recovering it with your email address - maybe email Mozilla suport to find out if this is possible before you go telling them your personal data though! However if this proves to be a dead end couldn't you simply back everything up (use export bookmarks & history tools) then start again with a new sync profile (new account even if worst comes to worst), new sync keys etc?

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

One of the tweets from Mozilla services indicate they have temporarily disabled clearing of account data & Sync Resets whilst maintenance is carried out. You will probably have to wait for the maintenance to be completed.
Tony

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

The Mozilla Sync servers should now be working again.

If you are still having problems, Mozilla may be able to help debug the issue, for details see http://blog.mozilla.com/jv/2011/10/03/h ... with-sync/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tony

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

Problem solved itself.

Regards, Teunis