Firefox 7.0

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Firefox 7.0

Post by Bigaldoc »

Just got the message... I don't allow auto-updating, so I downloaded it.

PS: Thunderbird is NOT there yet, but I bet it'll be there, toot sweet...

EDITED: How thoughtless of me! Mozilla Firefox
Last edited by Bigaldoc on 27 Sep 2011, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Firefox 7.0

Post by HansV »

Thanks - it installed without a hitch.
Best wishes,
Hans

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

For info, automatic updates to Firefox 7 have been switched off, though it is still available for download from http://www.mozilla.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A bug has been identified that in certain circumstances can cause add-ons to disappear. If you are using Firefox 6 and install an update to an add-on but do not re-start Firefox to complete the installation, and then update to Firefox 7, the updated add-on may disappear. If this happens you can simply re-install the add-on, or install any other add-on and any hidden ones will re-appear. Mozilla have created a dummy add-on for the sole purpose of making hidden add-ons re-appear - Add-on Recovery Tool - Firefox 7

Mozilla are working on Firefox 7.0.1 to fix the disappearing add-on issue.
Tony

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Kinda scary but at least they're on it.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Oops... Just got word from Mozilla that 7.0.1 fix has been released!!!

Firefox

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Your posts reminded me to check the release I'm running. It's 7.0.1. I also discovered that I had enable automatic updates. That was changed. Thanks for the reminders.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

BobH wrote:... I also discovered that I had enable automatic updates. That was changed. Thanks for the reminders.
Yeah, I don't allow auto updates simply because I have three OSs on my system, so I download ONE copy that I can retain and install in XP, Vista and Win7.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Tony - are there any comments about Firefox upgrades causing your logon/password cookies to disappear? I seem to lose these for several websites/BBSes every so often, and I can only put the loss down to Firefox upgrades (since I hadn't run CCLeaner).
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

John Gray wrote:Tony - are there any comments about Firefox upgrades causing your logon/password cookies to disappear? I seem to lose these for several websites/BBSes every so often, and I can only put the loss down to Firefox upgrades (since I hadn't run CCLeaner).
While you're waiting for Tony, I've got a question, John. Are you running Windows 7 by any chance?

I mostly still use XP MCE and don't have the problem you describe. But, every time I run Win7, I lose a lot of forum logons and places like Amazon where I often buy. Never happens to me in XP so I wonder if it's the OS rather than Fx...

(I have Fx 7.0.1 installed here on XP but haven't fired up Win7 yet to install it there.)

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Bigaldoc wrote:While you're waiting for Tony, I've got a question, John. Are you running Windows 7 by any chance?
Yes, you're correct! Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Butr it also seems to happen at work on XP Pro SP3...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

I run Windows 7 HP SP1 64-bit and install all new releases of Firefox updates as they are released (currently 7.0.1). Have not experienced the problems outlined above.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.