Firefox Screen Anomoly

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Firefox Screen Anomoly

Post by Bigaldoc »

This has happened to me in the past, but it is rare so I never asked about it.

Earlier this morning I was watching a video feed replay of last night's university basketball game between our Kentucky team and Tennessee from ESPN360.com. As one can do, I usually take the thing to fullscreen and if I need to pause, I press ESC and hit the pause button. This I did in mid-game, for I needed to look for something on my drive for another Lounger.

When I got finished and wanted to re-start the game I clicked on the taskbar button and the window would ONLY maximize to a strange looking screen that was not what a fullscreen would normally look like. The actual video was still a reduced screen but its surrounding parts filled up the whole screen and the Restore button would not function.

Has anyone ever experienced this phenom and know of a way to correct it? I did so by exiting the site completely but that required me to restart from the beginning and try to work my way to where I had been in the two hour game. No big deal but I just was wondering...

HansV
Administrator

Re: Firefox Screen Anomoly

Post by HansV »

I haven't encountered this with web video, but I have experienced weird behavior with computer games that switch to full screen in a lower resolution than my monitor's native resolution. Alt+tabbing out of the game sometimes results in weird colors, or windows showing parts of the game screen instead of their own contents.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I should have added that it seems to be connected with having minimized all windows with the Win-D key, which is what I did while the video was in "normal" mode rather than fullscreen. While I was watching, I was successfully able to hit ESC, pause the video and alt-tab to another app or click another Fx tab - all without a problem. When I came back to the video and started the playback, all was well.

It was only after minimizing all windows. I just tried that same thing with YouTube and it wasn't a problem, so maybe that ESPN360 site does something strange in its video feeding.

Edited to add: By the way sez I (bragging!), our Kentucky team is one of the top teams in the USA at the college level, with a won-loss record so far this year of 24 - 1 ...

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Bigaldoc wrote: By the way sez I (bragging!), our Kentucky team is one of the top teams in the USA at the college level, with a won-loss record so far this year of 24 - 1 ...
Just be aware that the last two programs your coach has deserted ended up on NCAA probation right after he left. The local radio folk here have nothing good to say about the way he runs a program.

Joe
Joe

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

JoeP wrote:Just be aware that the last two programs your coach has deserted ended up on NCAA probation right after he left. The local radio folk here have nothing good to say about the way he runs a program.
Oh boy, Joe, you've opened the door on a subject that could cause me to violate the rules of this Lounge, so I think I'll let it pass, except to offer one example. The NCAA declared Rose ELIGIBLE! How could Calipari know that he DIDN'T take his entrance exam? The same is true in the UMass story. The bigots (and idiots) abound! Could you, as an employer possibly know that one of your valued employees is a thief?

We'd better let this one lie and let the Calipari record at Kentucky unfold itself. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Don't believe all the stuff you read in the press, good or bad.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Bigaldoc wrote:Don't believe all the stuff you read in the press, good or bad.
But, but... it was on the Interwebs!! :scratch:
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.